ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#56796 09/30/05 09:24 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
From now on all the Violation related photos will be going in the 'Violations Forum' and the 'Photos Submitted' area will be used for other (non-violation) photos and related discussion.

Some, if not all of the existing Violation photos in the 'Photos Submitted' area will be moved over to the 'Violations' area (and possibly a closed copy will be left in place).

This separation isn't going to happen all at once, please bear with us.

As before, pictures for any of the areas can be sent to one of the Mods (electure, or Trumpy) or to photos@Electrical-Contractor.net

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Update:

Some of the recent photo discussions in the 'Photos Submitted' area have been moved to the 'Violations' area. A closed copy has been left in place so that web links & etc. will not come up bad.

The discussions that have been moved will have a [Linked Image] (Lock Icon) to the left of them on the list of threads. If you want to comment on these, or see more recent posts please look in the 'Violations' area.

Bill

I
Bill, I think the change is a great idea.

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
J
I have enjoyed browsing through the threads in the photo gallery in my free time. Anything that would be an improvement would be appreciated just don’t delete them.

On another note and not trying to steal the thread but, would anyone that has submitted pictures have any objection to them being used for educational purposes?

I build Power Point presentations for classes that I teach and a picture is worth a thousand words. I have used some pictures taken by this forum’s members such as Iwire’s with great success. Thank you Iwire for the great pictures of the failed service entrance, they were great in the trouble shooting class with some great comments about your dedication to the repair on Christmas Eve.
[Linked Image]

Mike
For all of those under my name they have been used by many in the past, and can be used again, they are from my personal library, and were shared with EC&N for the Violations area.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Cat Servant
Thank you very much, Joe...I have always appreciated your pics. I just wish it were harder for me to find those sorts of outrageous violations myself!

J
Yes Sir Joe I have used you pictures many times as well as your forums. Your and Dave’s old site got wore out in some of my classes (the rooms that had internet access). We used Al’s transformer drawings a lot as well as his transfer switches. I only wished I had copied them.
[Linked Image]

Edited to add:
The first day of every course starts with the electrical burn pictures that you sent me. I think these are the best safety lesson I have ever given. I have had lots of comments and questions about them.

[This message has been edited by jw electric (edited 10-01-2005).]

Mike
My pictures are used all over the world!

You can still find weekly articles here at CodeWatch.

Search on Google for Electrical Violations
http://ecmweb.com/nec/whats_wrong_092305/

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

Link Copied to Clipboard