ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Good luck man. I doubt we're going to see any of it down here in Brownsville, Texas. Hang in there.

P
Saw the pictures of Galveston being evacuated on the news here last night, including a clip with one fellow who had only been in the city a while having evacuated from New Orleans previously.

Just viewing from afar it looks eerie to see what are normally busy highways almost empty and deserted.

Good luck to all of you from down that way.

Good luck and prayers for safety to you all in the affected areas. You folks have been through enough already. Take care.

Tony

Stupid should be painful.
W
WFO Offline
Quote;
"Just viewing from afar it looks eerie to see what are normally busy highways almost empty and deserted."

We're in Bellville, Tx....about an hour west of Houston and on a small highway designated as one of the evacuation routes.

In a town of 4,000 people and only two red lights, it took about 45 minutes to get across town. The traffic is beyond belief. I got called out at 3:00 AM Wednesday morning(3 full days before predicted landfall) and the traffic was still bumper to bumper on Interstate 10 from the day before.

One of the local cops directed traffic for 18 hours yesterday and had drivers pull guns on him on 4 different occassions. A lady that lives across the road almost had a fight with two drivers trying to get into her own driveway...they thought she was trying to cut in line.

For all the people that griped about the government not evacuating New Orleans, the bottom line is this. You just can't move 2 or 3 million people out of an area in just a few days. Believe me, the people of Houston and Galveston got an early jump on it and it was still a nightmare. A friend of ours spent 14 hours crossing Houston in what is normally a 1.5 hour drive.

On a hopefully happier note, the storm is weakening (slightly). Good luck to all our fellow lineman at Centerpoint and the surrounding Coops and Municipalities. May have some good (well....interesting) stories next week.

Doc, and everyone else in harms way:
Be safe, and good luck to all.
John

John
Dodged a huge bullet. We still have people scattered all over the state, but everyone is alive. My house is still here, but I lost a few trees. The county I live in is a Federal Disaster Area. Another 50 miles to the west, I might be homeless right now. No doubt, the Lord spared me and a lot of the people I know this time.

Regards,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard