ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 211 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
My main supplier (local outlet of a national chain) is always very good about accepting returned goods; I know all the guys in there and they always replace or credit without any problems. I've never tried the compensation angle for extra call-out & wasted time though.

Bill:
I agree with you about motion detectors. Part of the problemis that people actually believe vastly over-stated range on the packaging.

Tom,

You try to balance ceiling fans?
(No wonder you hate them so much) I don't see how the wobble of a ceiling fan is the responsibility of the electrician. As long as it is securely mounted and correctly wired according to code our responsibility should end. Any wobble that may be present is a side-effect of the manufacturing/assembly process. I've never had great success with attempts at balancing and have stopped trying a long time ago.

We don't progam the VCR, We just provide the outlet.

I've seen problems with all brands of Motion Sensors, some big, some small. The new owner should know how to adjust these things themselves. I do not want any callbacks to make minor adjustments or be responsible if it doesn't come on, doesn't shut off, etc, etc, etc.

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 11-27-2001).]

Bill
Bill,

Really!?! Great idea... I thought I was being substandard by handing them the balance kit with the knowledge that I'll only make it wobble differently!

[Linked Image]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
Virgil,

I'll always make them aware that the amount it is likely to wobble is basically related to the cost/quality of the fan and increases with the length of the rod. With that said, the manufacturer knows that it is likely to wobble to some degree and that is why the kits are included with the fans. Most people I know are not bothered by a small wobble if the alternative means more $$ spent on the fan or on balancing labor.

Bill

Bill
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard