ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 479 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Cow Offline
Good job, I'm glad everything went well for you. I bet you need a vacation after all the long hours and stress though.

R
sc,

Try to remember to remind us as the airing date approaches. It would be a shame to miss it.

Congratulations.

Congratulations on a job well done; boy, that's an impressive line up! Hope to catch the show eventually on satellite. We generally get the successful US programmes, and this kind of show is v. popular in the UK. As to criticism of formats, there have been rumblings of discord about similar 'rush' type shows made here as to work quality and looney 'designers'. But every programme does need a format, so viewers will tune in regularly. I prefer the TOH or N Yankee W'shop formats- more my speed, and I can relate to and learn from Norm's and other craftsmens' expertise.
We also have 'DIY SOS' on the BBC, a show based on a humor format. This can be excruciatingly funny, and there is no rushing about to meet impossible deadlines, since the format does not demand it. They did a show up the road from me here at Ambrieres, helping out with a French house remodel. In the opening shot; Accordian music;( Under the Bridges of Paris ); a beat-up Renault '4' van roars* into a scruffy French farmyard in a cloud of dust; the doors fly open before it stops; the crew bail out, accompanied by about a dozen scrawny half- bald squawking chickens, which fly off in all directions.
Ah! Theres no business like....

Alan

* EDIT. technically speaking, a Renault '4' van can't 'roar' anywhere;
a] It's basically an upturned perambulator on castors.
b] The engine is an elastic-band.
c] The shiftstick comes out of the dashboard and is about as much use as a chocolate teapot. There are four gears, but cunningly, all with the same ratio!

[This message has been edited by Alan Belson (edited 10-16-2005).]

Wood work but can't!
Bump

It's on right now!

[Linked Image]

Bill
T
Thanks for the heads up.. I still have almost an hour to wait before it comes on here on the left coast..

R
How did they get the cement to set up fast enough to build on it so quick? From all that I have learned, you need a minimum of 7 days to get any holding strength.

Tim

PS
Great job.

S
Royal...from discussions on the foundation, I remember that they were adding calcium nitrate (I think) so that it would reach 1000psi in 4hrs...

It was so hot in that basement once they put the deck on as the cement was curing...

They used a lot of steel in the footer and foundation also...I layed 20ft of #2 copper wire in the footer and connected to the steel rebar for the UFER ground...

shortcircuit

D
Good Show, great job.........

Dnk.......

shortcircuit,

That must have been quite an experience. Where you in any of the scenes?

Was that just dirt on the mini Fenway diamond? Just wondering, because it was raining on the show and it looked pretty firm.

Bill

Bill
S
Hi Bill...actually, they did film a scene with me discussing the lighting for the Green Monster with Ed. I'm kinda glad they didn't air it because I fudged my lines...you know, stage fright. I wasn't thinking about what I was saying...not that they would have understood what I was refering to from an electrical standpoint anyway.

They didn't air alot of scenes that they filmed. The show did focus alot on the condition that William has, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, which makes him very immobile and how the new home is accessible for William. All good things...but with all that hard work that the volunteers put in, it would have been nice to see more of the construction process.

I've heard rumors of a "behind the scenes" version of EM/HE being aired at other than prime time TV, but haven't seen any yet.

Oh yea...the ball field...the infield is not dirt, it is a semi hard surface that William is able to wiz around on with his segway-like mobile stander...and the lights in the green monster for the strikes, balls, etc are 120 volt 100watt vaporproof fixtures with 50 watt par20 floods shinning through green and red colored jars controlled via remote controll.

That boy William...he always had a smile on his face...so polite and kind hearted, but so less fortunate than healthy people. I have no regrets helping the family out and giving back...

shortcircuit

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard