ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
... Well, I got my start at home,at the tender young age of 9... Being a curious little brat, I was always out trying to find new ways to get myself into trouble... and this was a good one,..it changed my life forever..I stuck one of mum's bobby-pins into a receptacle,.."just to see what would happen",..BZZZZZAT!..there went the entire 2nd floor that sent dad scrambling to the basement panel...Got a good thrashing (after my vision came back)...From that moment on,I was hooked,..now I don't feel "myself" unless I get that 1st shock in the morning.. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image from radio.weblogs.com]
Good Times...Russ

[This message has been edited by Attic Rat (edited 09-02-2005).]

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
D
I see. I know I'm going to start at the bottom, and I want to I want to learn as much as I can and work my way up. But even the Apprentice ads are asking for 2 years of experience. I guess I'm going to have to hit the book and call contractors.

R
Hi DSpanoudakis,

Where do you live and what type of electrical work are you looking to get into?

Have a Blessed Day,
Rick Bruder
A
Studdied lots of trade books.
Got a job with an EC doing hand trenching, back filling, material handling, and hanging lights to start out.
Not long after I starting piping my first home. Had have rooms piped in less the 2 hrs. Boy did I take a verbal beating. Why did it take so long? Why did you bend this like that? What were you thinking when you piped it this way? Etc. All for $7 an hour. Once I thought I knew enough I moved on to another EC to be their Peon. But I was paid and treated a little better. The first few places turned out to be EC that were more concerned with the cheapest labor and geting it done. Also it turned out they never paid my taxes that was deducted from my $7 and up per hour. No the IRS never cared when I complained.

So to sum it up try to find a bottom feeder EC that wants jurneyman quality & speed out of a newbe. Be prepared to be treated like trash. Then just fell lucky if you get a check at the end of the week.

Tom

Tom

I
I was booted from High School for legitmate reasons.

Dad said get a job NOW!

He hooked me up with an EC buddy of his as I had been in electrical classes at the Vo-Tech.

This trade has proved to be the best thing for me. [Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard