ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#55431 09/01/05 02:16 PM
E
I'm sure after this disaster, the Islamic terrorists are taking a vacation from planning to annihilate our country. Instead, they are probably just glued to the TV with smiles on their faces. I'm sure it will be a short vacation though.

#55432 09/01/05 07:49 PM
B
As a matter of fact, the jihadists have deemed this a vengeful act of allah, and have given hurricane Katrina the rank of "private" in allahs army.

#55433 09/01/05 08:25 PM
E
e57 Offline OP
This is NOT a policitical statement, as it involves BOTH/ALL parties... Our President was on Vacation for a few days still, after Katrina, and our Congress STILL is.

The relief agencies need the orders to go. And the only way they get those orders, is if thier managers give the order. And thier managers and directors don't give the order unless they get the word from the Federal Government. And the Federal Goverment is on vacation. For instance: Joint Task Force Katrina has been organized days ago by the military, and have not recieved the word to go yet.

This is going to dwarf 911 in size and scope when its all tallied up at the end, and its getting more expensive financially, and socially by the minute. By the time resources, funding and more importantly, organization truely arrive, I believe they will be used to initially institute martial law. There are people saying that war zones are better organized than what is happening in major cities of the south of this country.

As for people who didn't take heed to the order to evacuate. Think about the time it was given. (Much farther in advance than anytime in history.) About 24 hours, from when it went to Cat-5. And you didn't know where to run until 12 hours before. Thats if you own a car. Many people there don't. Even then there were traffic jams hundreds of miles long.

Talked to my friend yesturday, (who also doesn't own a car, one of the reasons I was worried about him.) he and a Bosnian friend of his borrowed another friend of thiers car, who was on vacation at the time. They figure they did him a favor by, and wont mind them stealing it. As he put it, "it would be an aquarium by now." [Linked Image] They then had to take this Corrola, and four wheel it north, and then east. He said it was like three whole states had the bomb dropped on them. He also said that the attention being given to the looting, and gas prices is ridiculous compared to the REAL problems. Like food, water, and medical personel. That was his opinion, and I think I share that.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
#55434 09/01/05 08:38 PM
E
Shame on the federal government of the United States of America. What a disgrace.

#55435 09/01/05 09:13 PM
J
I'l throw in my 2 cents before this thing gets closed down......

Shut off the TV and the radio. A situation like this should (and is) bring out the best in humanity. The worst in humanity will always be there. But I think that in a situation like this..., to constantly feed into the negative is not good, not healthy, and I personally think evil. How many of you are troubled by all this? I can only imagine everyone. I personally think it is far better to be troubled because of your own simpathy and compassion rather than everyone else's shortcomings, mistakes, and/or outright evil activity. Take a break from being fed all the garbage to just outrage you enough to stay tuned. I did and it did me some good.

#55436 09/01/05 10:06 PM
My family and I are giving $20-$30 to the Red-Cross via my school tomorrow or next week. I can't believe all the devastation down there. I'm glad to see Bush is already reacting to this disaster. I can't blame people for stealing food, but 46" TVs and new computers, NO! Why steal electronics when they're probably worthless by now after being under one or two rounds of water? I saw a story on the local news of a person who looted an electronics store, and wanted to know if he could bring his new HDTV and computer onto the bus he was taking out of town. It is going to take a long time to rebuild New Orleans, but IMHO, they shouuuldn't rebuild it until they can fix the elevation problem.

My 2cents worth
Ian A.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
#55437 09/02/05 12:01 AM
L
LK Offline
"Shame on the federal government of the United States of America. What a disgrace."

Never in my lifetime did i think, i would say this, but i agree, What a disgrace.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard