ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#54991 08/14/05 04:25 PM
L
Maybe not, but the missing receptacle should be noticed when the remaining receptacles' spacing seems rather far.

Larry Fine
Fine Electric Co.
fineelectricco.com
#54992 08/14/05 05:40 PM
C
Wow, Scott's right, what a bunch of narrow minded skeptics. [Linked Image]

I think this is a great product. As far as cost goes, yeah, it may be expensive now, but as interest grows and demand increases, the price will surely decrease. Remember when the new "lockout" GFCI's came out? They were about $12, now I can get them for $7.

Furthermore, the price quoted in this thread is one price from an online distributor. Has anyone gotten an "over the counter" price or talked to an inside salesperson at their distributor? And did anyone else notice the part numbers on that website: 5262, 5362, 8200, and 8300. Industrial spec and hospital grade stuff, not exactly on the cheap end for even a regular receptacle.

Some of you don't think this will save any labor? [Linked Image] Let's take Roger's example of a large job that might require 500 receptacles. You have a pre-made pigtail that you install on the rough. 3 wirenuts, done. Come time for final, you go around, plug the thing in, zip in 2 screws, done. It seems like that would save a lot of labor to me.

Damaged pigtails? So what. That can happen with any pigtail, homemade or factory made.

Now, I'm sure I'll get accused of being paid by P&S to say all this or something to that effect. [Linked Image] Let it be known that I'm not a P&S buyer but I really like this idea.

-Peter

[This message has been edited by CTwireman (edited 08-14-2005).]

Peter
#54993 08/14/05 06:07 PM
T
If you call it narrow minded skeptic or conservative, I guess I resemble that remark.

When I use a product and it doesn't work, I fix it as warranty work at my own expense. Often it's like pulling a $100 bill out of my pocket and running it through the office shredder.

After doing that 5 or 10 times you can tend to get conservative or narrow minded.

Case in point...several years ago I was using 15-amp GFCIs and had them fail within warranty. I replaced two of them and went to installing 20-amp GFCIs. Maybe the 15-amp UL2003 GFCIs are more reliable, but I still use 20-amp GFCIs.

I'm not for experimentation. I'm for finding high quality and reliability and staying with it.

Dave

#54994 08/15/05 04:46 AM
M
Scott, I think you are right. I am a narrow minded type nowadays. I no longer just jump right on the new stuff everytime, and it just because of previous times where I used stuff that I later regretted. As in insulation piercing wire taps for #14 cu wire instead of wire nuts. For about 6 month several years back I thought they were the greatest. I nicknamed em whizby's, cause I was moving so fast. Then the failures on the connectors started. I loved electronic ballasts when they first came out. I cannot count how many did not make the 1 year warrenty birthday. Those fixes came out of my pocket also. So my post basicly is You guy's try em out first, I watch, If they are all that they are cracked up to be then I will jump on the bandwagon also.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard