ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
CV,
I'm with you mate.
I've been a "climber" since I was 3-4 years old I used to climb everything within sight, trees, you name it, I was up a 70ft Macrocarpra Tree once and some idiot called the Fire Brigade, they thought I was Autistic.
Hieghts have never been a problem, though.

Kids aren't allowed to climb anything higher than steps now because of Health and Safety Laws.
Now being a Line worker, I love being up on the highest of poles, 66kV ones are cool.
What a nasty society we live in. [Linked Image]

P
I don't mind heights either.

When I worked for BT at the satellite station I kind of liked climbing up into the equipment cabin right behind the feedhorn. On the (frequent) foggy mornings in that part of the world, it was almost surreal to look out and barely be able to see the ground. Kind of like flying above the clouds in a plane.

There's a TV show running here at the moment called "The Worst Jobs in History."

Take your pick from the various eras on offer here. There are some real doozies! [Linked Image]

http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites/W/worstjobs/

My 'worst job' has to be those guys who go round unblocking domestic-sewerage drains. Just last night on tv there was a pair of these 'erberts, happily rodding out a gully brimming over with all sorts of human waste with a high pressure hose, and covered in it from head to foot! I buggered off to my office to listen to the BBC. I just couldn't watch any more. Yuk! Yuk! YUK!
Alan

Wood work but can't!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard