ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 239 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Attention Moderator:

The .wav file above includes unacceptable and vulgar cursing language, and must be deleted!

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Seconded, Joe, there's no need for it. We've had this exact same post before I think.
Alan

Wood work but can't!
P
Let's keep all direct links suitable for family viewing/listening please.

R
To all members!

If there is offensive content in a thread or post, please feel free to use the moderators e-mail information as well as a post to bring it to our attention.

We may see an e-mail before we actually check every thread.

I agree with Paul, lets keep this to no more risqué than a PG rating at most.

Thank You

Roger

T
tkb Offline
I remember seeing "House 2" that had John Ratezenburg (Cliff Clavin) as an electrician/ghost hunter. He pulled a piece of romex out of the wall (thru the sheetrock) and followed it around the room to a hidden fireplace. Then he pulled a samurai sword out of his tool box and went into the wall to some Aztec hidden room.

J
PG is really going to reduce the quotes anyone can post from anything out of Hollywood. Support the policy, stopped going to movies because of poor quality.

Dr. Who.... Brings back memories of waking up in the middle of night as a child to the blaring TV on the other side of the house scraming "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE"

[This message has been edited by Jps1006 (edited 07-30-2005).]

Cat Servant
From the crystal ball, I'll tell you your favourite quotes :-) :

For the electricians out there: "She won't take it anymore!" (Scotty, Star Trek, may he rest in peace).

For the AHJ's out there: "I'm mad as He** ahd I'n not going to take it anymore!" (Network, I think!)

For the GC"S out there "Greed is Good" (Michael Douglas in "Wall Street")

For me, a picture is worth a thousand words. Like all those Hollywood moments where something is turned "on" by pulling a switch down!

I
Not exactly electrical quotes but "The Money Pit" has some good construction quotes.

Curly: If the permit man ever comes back. You give me a call and we'll come back and finish the job.

Walter: When I do get the permits how long will the job take?

Curly: Two weeks.

Walter: Two weeks? Two weeks?

Curly: You sound like a parakeet there. "Two weeks! Two weeks!"

Walter: Two weeks. It's amazing.

Curly: Amazing nothing. It'll be a regular miracle.

Walter Fielding: Just because they showed up to collect the money, is no guarantee that they'll show up to do the work... and if they do... I can't pay for it!

Walter: [Walter is on the phone with the permit inspector] I'm sorry I wasn't here when you came by but my wife, ah, became very ill and we, uh, had to take her to the hospital and she is fact very ill and... oh, that doesn't cut any ice with you. Well, what would cut some ice? A bribe; okay, how much? $200? I'll see you in fifteen minutes.

Water Fielding: He's supposed to be a really good carpenter. Besides, he has a brother who's a plumber!

Anna Crowley: Really? A brother who's a plumber? Think I should sleep with him?

Walter Fielding: Maybe just this once.

[This message has been edited by iwire (edited 07-30-2005).]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
N
From "Apollo 13":

Astronaut Jack Swigert on powering up the command module before reentry, with condensation dripping off the panels:

"It's like driving a toaster through a car wash!"

[This message has been edited by NJwirenut (edited 07-30-2005).]

J
Folks,

I apologize for posting the "Die Hard" audio link. I added it as an afterthought, after I searched to see whether the lines I quoted were at all accurate.

My assumptions were that (1) electricians are an over-17 crowd, and that people here might enjoy hearing the "shut it down" line again, and (2) there's hardly anybone alive who hasn't seen Die Hard at least once.

Next time, I'll stick to the redacted text.

I meant no disrespect. I'm sorry.

Regards, John

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard