ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 373 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
BobH Offline OP
You're right, sorry for the confusion as I haven't even seen the job site yet. Of course with Gfci's fed from a sub-panel the run would be a feeder. I'll see exactly what the customer wants first and then explain the options. If I install a sub for the gfci's, I'll definitely drive a rod, if I install only a pedestal with a rec. for the trailer to save money, being that there will probably be receptacles on the outside of trailer that are gfci protected I will verify the grounding requirements with the local inspector. I realize the trailer has it's own panel technically making the run a feeder if hard wired, but I wasn't certain being that it is cord connected. Depends on exactly what this customer wants besides the 30 a receptacle installed on the pedestal. I'll find out today.

B
BobH Offline OP
Found out the run is over 600' and he does want separate gfci's near the pedestal. Figuring (with a safety factor) 25 amp draw with 600' feet I will have a vd of 4.8volts or roughly 4% with 2/0 aluminum urd. The supply house doesn't carry 1/0 urd. I'm quoting this with a pedestal mounted sub-panel, 4 wire feeder, and a grounding electrode. GfCI's fed from a 15 amp breaker offset nippled from the sub. 30 amp breaker for the TT receptacle. Sch. 80 pvc protecting the urd where it exits the earth. Any opinions on whether a pt 4x4 would be good enough for the support (sunk to frost line) or would you rather see a store bought pedestal.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard