ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 482 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
HotLine1.
My brother lived in Burlington until he passed away last year.
If you think they can screw it up in Trenton you should see the mess they have going in Salem, OR.
About the only good thing I will say is that they have s state wide inspector program. But it's interesting that the inspector in the next town over isn't an electrician at all anymore, he runs his own manufacturing company making cultured marble stuff.
The inspector for the town I live in is only part time between a couple of the towns, but he is a full time inspector. The good thing is that every inspector has been a Journeyman, Supervisor and has passed an inspector exam so they have some practical experience.

D
We don't have a statewide license her in Illinois, but I know there are two types in my AHJ -
A. Electrical Contractor: Electrical contractor registration shall be required of persons desiring to do all phases of electrical work.

B. Specialty Contractors: Specialty registration shall be required of persons engaged in heating and air conditioning or sign installation.

1. Heating and Air Conditioning; Restrictions: Heating and air conditioning contractors shall be subject to a specialty registration which restricts their work to the installation of circuits required for the operation of * this specialty registration permit to installation of circuits in excess of forty (40) amp, single phase or longer than fifty feet (50').

2. Sign Contractors; Restrictions: Sign contractors shall be subject to a specialty registration which restricts their work to the installation of circuits required for the operation of their equipment only. In no case shall this specialty registration permit the installation of circuits in excess of twenty (20) amp, single phase or longer than one hundred feet (100') or any circuits in industrial or hazardous areas. All connections for signs from building to the sign must be installed with seal-tight conduit and weatherproof boxes and connections. No U.F. or plastic coated electrical cable may be used. (8-17-1981)

* Yeah, it wasn't your eyes - they forgot to include the line ablout "operation of their equipment only... etc. etc."

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard