ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 211 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
... In reference to Square D,... The Homeline panels have an aluminum bus-bar,whereas the QO panel has a copper bus-bar... Big difference in quality here gang..
I always install QO, unless the H.O. spec's otherwise...
Russ

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
R
On the name thing it is the same for every industry. One company buys out another company not only for the product but for the name recognition. Like SquareD, Merlin-Gerin, and Telemecanique are all owned by one conglomerate. I think Cutler Hammer is owned by Eaton Electric but I may be wrong there.

On panels I always use SquareD first and C-H second. That is mostly due to the fact that I can get SquareD stuff cheap through my company and they are good quality. I have a C-H in my own home. It is sturdy and good quality materials were used in it.

B
I just installed a 200 amp SqD QO panel, the main is rated for 22,000 AIC, I think that the Homeline is only 10,000 AIC. I could be wrong because I don't install Homeline, just QO. Of course this may not be an issue for many unless they have a transformer very close to their service.

T
In my experience in remodeling of accidentally cutting live wires...the Square D QO breakers trip, the cheaper ones don't. The quality is worth the expense, and it saves on call backs for homeowners that can't tell when a breaker has tripped.

Dave

P
Thanks for all the help! I didn't even know some EC's can get some brands cheaper like that (with the rebate thingie). I'm gonna go for Sq. D QO, and copper service conductors. I don't like aluminum... at all. I'd rather pay the extra $$$ for something I won't have to worry about fixing. I'll just have to get quotes, and find te best deal (not neccesarily the best price, but the best quality at a reasonable price for my requests.)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard