ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 277 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#53848 07/08/05 09:30 PM
E
e57 Offline OP
OOOoooH, I am a bitter man today!

PM shows up at a job today, and mentions that one of our employees is leaving...
I think to myself, 'good riddens, he's horrible, sloppy, slow, smells bad, inexperianced, has no attention to detail and lacks integrity.' When he was hired, I wanted to get rid of him, residential he's mediocre at best, on the two commercial jobs I have had him on, I have had to repremand him for saying, "I don't know much about commercial." Out loud in front of customers! He bends pipe very poorly at 10' a day! Knows about enough control work to get him in trouble, and nothing about commercial phone systems.

He's leaving, why am I so mad? He got a Maint. position at a complex of buildings that our company offices are in, that the company has done non-stop TI's and other work in for years. He will be responcable for QC in those buildings I do work in. He, in a round about way, WILL BE MY BOSS!

Not that I posting to gripe, but has anyone ever dealt with such a thing? It's like your worst employee becoming a city inspector.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
#53849 07/09/05 06:50 AM
G
Promoted out of harms way?

I sympathise!

[This message has been edited by gideonr (edited 07-09-2005).]

#53850 07/09/05 07:26 AM
Nothing worse than having a nincompoop further up the ladder than you! I grudgingly carried one for several years, but Chiefy wouldn't have a word said against him. I found him to be a buck-passer, dishonest, lazy and incompetent, yet a crafty bootlicker. Then one day 'we' - (have you ever noticed that when the SHTF suddenly it's us?)- lost the security keys to the building. We turned the place inside out, but I suspected they were hidden buried amongst all the mounds of crap festering in heaps on his desk. Later in the day, to get himself off the hook, he slyly eased open the office door and threw the keys into the corridor! Unfortunately, they hit the Chief in the neck as he happened past. He got transferred to another job soon after. What a relief!
Alan

PS. He was so dumb, he never did get all the banana/peanuts/chimp jokes!

Wood work but can't!
#53851 07/09/05 09:37 AM
G
I believe that I would look on the bright side of the situation. Your rid of this guy. So what if he will be responsable for QC on a buildig where you work. I'll bet the job does not pay well and the qualifications are low. You know your smarter than he is, so what's the problem. Don't let it get personal. You can always beat the incompetent on a professional level. Does Dick care that George has the better job title.

#53852 07/09/05 12:34 PM
Cat Servant
The "big hammer" is that you have the EC license- not him- so YOU are the real expert, the final authority.

I did have, at one place, some folks who looked for mischeif to cause. I rigged a radio ro a motor starter and a light beam....wheneve someone broke the beam, the music stopped- giving fair warning. (The beam was placed where they couldn't hear the music, so they never realised whay was happening).

Most likely, the guy realises all too well his limitations, and will stay away. Heck, if you pretend to be nice, he may come to you for advice and help! He can be a real asset- someone needs to patch the walls after you're done!

Link Copied to Clipboard