ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Ok i am a trade student and was assigned the Siemens Genral Duty Enclosed Switch Type 3R 30 Amp 240 volt for a report. i have looked online with no real help other than stats that are already on the box itself. so can you guys help me out by telling me some ways to hook it up, what its best used for etc. just general stuff that i can not find from a sticker on the box, thanks in advance

N
Would generally be used as a disconnect switch ahead of equipment. The 3R rating means that it is rainproof, and suitable for outdoor locations when properly installed.

These switches may be fused or unfused, 2 or 3 poles, and may be used as a service disconnect if marked as suitable.

Incoming power is fed to the top lugs, and the load conductors are landed to the bottom lugs. There may or may not be a lug for a neutral conductor present.

L
To add: it can be used as a general disconnect, such as for an air-conditioning compressor unit, or for as an operating switch for loads within its ratings.

Larry Fine
Fine Electric Co.
fineelectricco.com

Link Copied to Clipboard