ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 510 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#52552 05/29/05 05:26 PM
E
e57 Offline
I'll try not to wonder too far of topic, but my GMC van was made in Canada, but reguardless of where it is made, I feel that something needs to be done about what manufactures FEED the US market. For instance I would love it if what-ever company sold a slightly smaller light truck sized cab-forward designs like the Isuzu mentioned. They all DO make them, but for European, and Asian markets. The "American" pick-up truck design is a waste of space on the frame of "work truck" IMO.

Cut away vans reduce the waste of space, but lack the turning radius that you can get with the cab-forward design. And living and working in a city, that is exactly what I need. If I could get 4-wheel 90 degree crab strearing, I would line up with everyone else!

So I think that is two wins for that type of design. Turning radius, and usable working space.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
#52553 05/29/05 05:48 PM
U
I have no first-hand experience with the NPRs. However, I do notice them being used as box vans, and with some of the landscaping/lawn care companies. My observation is you have large cargo potential in a short, maneuverable, fuel economical package.

You may want to investigate Hino, and Mitsubishi Fuso just so you're comparing apples to apples.

Not sure what you think of the Dodge Sprinter vans... they can be had with a high roof and dual rear wheels - and have a small turbodiesel.

#52554 05/29/05 05:52 PM
I picked up on satelite tv a repeat for Europe, quite old, programme called 'This Old House', (WMBH out of Boston Mass.?), and a very nice man called Tom Silva was explaining his new box-trailer for his contract work to Norm. Seemed a good idea to me- walk-in, lots more space, practically a workshop on site, longer life, able to use the tow vehicle as the family auto. Any merit in the idea?
Alan

Wood work but can't!
#52555 05/29/05 08:13 PM
B
Clouded with patriotism, what a joke. Blaming the guidance counselors for the lack of manufacturing jobs, that's also a joke. If some people really though about what happened in the last 50 years and what it's lead to, then maybe we all could discuss this, but I guess, who cares anyway, right.

#52556 05/29/05 08:19 PM
I
Bob

then maybe we all could discuss this

The thing is this is an electrical forum, we try to stay away from politics. [Linked Image]

JMO, Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
#52557 05/29/05 10:59 PM
B
BigB Offline OP
Wow it's been a while since I sparked so much interest in one of my posts! Iwire I can see your point trying to keep the thread on topic but at the same time, altho I didn't mention it in my original post, the politics of buying a Japanese made truck is also of some concern to me. It is confusing to say the least what is really made here and where the dollars go. And what about customers, do they really know? I am sure there are some who will not look highly on you for driving up in a forigen made vehicle, or anyway one with a foreign name. Thanks for all the helpful replies, keep em coming!

#52558 05/30/05 01:42 PM
B
I have the GM Techline service manual CDs and the Isuzu NPR is on them.

I just checked and there is only one very minor TSB listed for the 2003 Isuzi NPR (I have no information later than 2003):

#02-07-30-025B Harsh Shifting, Delayed Upshifts with Possible CHECK TRANS Lamp Illuminated, Possible DTC 21 Set (Perform TPS Relearn Procedure) - (Jun 27, 2003)

Apparently it's got a 4L80E or a 4L85E automatic transmission which is made by GM.

Detailed information about this transmission is here:
http://media.gm.com/division/2005_prodinfo/powertrain/transmissions/05_auto_trans_specs.html#mt1

Noteworthy is the fact that it uses regular Dexron III transmission fluid. Many automakers are switching to proprietary fluids which cost more (like Ford's Mercon V)and are not available outside of the dealership (like DaimlerChrysler's ATF+4).

Since regular fluid changes are the best way to ensure long transmission life, the easy availability of the correct fluid should be considered.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard