ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
ok how do i post a pic of my girls ?????????????

R
Rhiphi, e-mail the pictures to the Webmaster or any of the moderators and they will post them for you.

Roger

R
Rhiphi's buds. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Roger

OK Joe,
Try and get 2 cats in the same place at the same time when you have a camera with you.
But here are my cats:

[Linked Image]

Minnie to the left (the mother cat) and Mickie (the young boy) to the right.
You might notice that there is a tree missing in the pic and a lot of saw-dust lying about.
I had just got rid of an old Cabbage Tree (no Alan, it doesn't grow cabbages).
It was threatening to fall on my house in the next best wind gust.
Somehow my cats love saw-dust and what did they do after they'd rolled around in the saw-dust?.
Like most cats, they went to bed, my bed as it happened, it took me 3 days to get rid of the saw-dust.

I hope you had the timber planked up and put in stick Mike, worth a good few dollars in 3 or 4 years. There's a rumour going round that you too have caught the 'woodworking bug'!
Alan

Wood work but can't!
R
From Ian A (AKA Theelectrikid)

"This isn't a dog, but he comes over to me every time he sees one or
hears the word "wire," or, "electricity." [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Roger

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 07-11-2005).]

Alan,
I hope you had the timber planked up and put in stick Mike, worth a good few dollars in 3 or 4 years. There's a rumour going round that you too have caught the 'woodworking bug'!
Personally mate, Cabbage Tree wood is practically useless as a constructional timber.
It is too porous as a wood to do anything with.
It takes ages to dry and it suffers from serious shakes and buckling once it is dried out.
Oddly enough, the Maori's in New Zealand used to eat it in a soup.
The tree itself is hollow, but in the younger trees the core is soft, almost like cooked rice.
By the way, what's this about a "wood-working bug?" [Linked Image]

Mike, a little birdie tole me you made a nice coffee table for your sister. That's how it starts mate, tingly nose, sneezing, then an urge to make a coffee table- next thing you know you're addicted to tool shops and are planning a workshop bigger than the house!
Cabbage-Tree wood sounds a bit like Elderberry, with a pith core and useless hollow trunk timber. You can make a cordial with the flowers but the fruit is only fit for birds and amateur wine making. I have so much timber planked up and in stick from windfalls I hardly know where to put it all- currently 2 large walnut trees, 2 cherrys, a chestnut, oak, alder, a scots pine, burr ash, sequoia, cedar, plus some laurel and box for turning.
JHC!! The RAF just buzzed the house at zero feet, 2 Jaguars and 2 Hercules! Either WWIII just started of there's a joint excercise on! I'm outa here!

Alan

Wood work but can't!
Oops! Forgot something in thye e-Mail! The cat's name is Mikey, a male marmalade tabby (or Tiger, or something.) Also have a grey Tiger/Tabby. TYPO CORRECTION: "This isn't a dog, but he comes over to me every time he sees a wire, hears the word "wire," or, "electricity. This is him holding a piece of UF insulation that he was playing with, but, like most cats, he got bored, and went to sleep."
Ian A.

[This message has been edited by Theelectrikid (edited 07-16-2005).]

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
Cat Servant
OK sports fans! As I see it, the score now is:
Dog owners 8
Cat servants 7

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard