ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
R
royta Offline OP
I was asking, HERE , what I could use to locate an underground PVC conduit. Now that I know what to use, I called around fifteen rental yards in the area near Corona, and didn't have any luck finding an inductive tracer at all. Several of the shops knew exactly what I was talking about, but none of them had anything.

Does anybody know of a shop in the Greater Los Angeles area that specializes in renting fancy electronic equipment like this?

Thanks.

Roy

E
e57 Offline
Of total last resort, if you cant find one in your area, or borrow one. Check this site, and paste this number in model search.

BID-656621
http://www.electrorent.com/index.aspx

I only say last resort because you have to pay, and wait for them to ship it to you.

Do you know anyone in the phone company? Almost every truck has one! I once saw one in a pawn shop while looking for stolen tools, they only wanted $100 for it. It was obviously stolen from the phone company so I would never buy it. But most other types of tracers will work also. Like some of these.
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/the_store/Wire_Tracers.htm?source=google

A stong phone toner and an insulated #12, could work only if not too deep and only in PVC, but you'll look really silly crawling around on your knees, and still not find it.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
S
You could try a plumber. The have pipe locators.

Steve
R
royta Offline OP
Just in case anybody is looking for one, here is a cable route tracer on eBay . The price is only about $100 more than what you can rent one for. Of course, you don't get the clamp with it, but it still seems like a good deal.

Roy

L
McBride elect has one up there, would most likely be pricey but who knows. Good luck Rod

Link Copied to Clipboard