ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 92 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Please read the following:
http://www.joetedesco.org/about.html

PS: I would like to hear from any others who had the same experiences, please send me a message so I can add your story too!

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
G
I am a charter member of the Tedesco Secret Society of electricians.
Self study and the school of Tedesco got me through IAEI 2A, 2B, 2C, SBCCI commercial and residential electrical, ICBO electrical and Florida state license... all passed the first time.
Thanks Joe

Greg Fretwell
H
I have to admit it too! I am a member of Joe Tedesco's Secret Society of Electricians. Joe helped Greg (DP) and Ed (Wiz) and Wally (Sheriff) , and myself (Caper) plus many more than I can recall get through the electrical inspectors test. I don't think I could have done it with out Joe's help. He satyed with us for many months helping us by givings us quizes, test, pointers on how, where, why, to look in the NEC for different things. By the time I was through with Joe's help and I took the test, I knew that I was ready for it. The Wiz and I were in the same test room on that day when we both passed the test. It was such a great feeling. I always thought that by having my inspectors lic. it made me a better contractor. Then one day my good friend who was the inspector in town passed away and the town asked me to be their inspector and the rest is history. I have worked for more than 9 different towns over the past 5 years and get to see all kinds on installations. From single family small houaes to 11,000 sq feet mansions. From airports to hospitals, from gas stations to PV homes systems. It really keeps you on your toes. Thanks again Joe. I can't say it enough. You are a good friend and thanks for all the help.!

Harold aka Caper

Thank you too, Greg and Harold. It seems like yesterday, we were on Prodigy in 1990 and I still have many of the quizzes and discussions saved from then.

Joe

OK, I have to put in my 2 cents.

Unfortunatley, I have not had the pleasure, or luck to meet Joe, or to join his secret society; yet!

The other gentleman in the link, Ben Shedlock was the source of guidance for me, along with Union County Vo-Tech, Scotch Plains, NJ

I "run into" Ben, for the CEU update classes, and yes, I keep him informed of my progress.

Not to lay-out my resume here, but I did the EC exam, passed, and like others, thought that was "it". NO, I decided to try the "inspector" thing! Had a few courses with Ben, said 'what the heck; I'll give it a shot'. Took all three at once at TR East (on paper then); left as a mental 'vegatable', due to the great scheduling by the 'testers'. Got a "pass" a few weeks later; and again "that's it".

Alas, the "Sub-Code" course, and another lic.?? Yeah, took that too....but it wasn't Ben. Next step...."Construction Official'??? (When I have time!

OK, that all said, I also obtained NJ Certification as a PT Adult Evening Vo-Tech Teacher/Instructor (Board of Examiners), and I teach at Vo-Tech 1 or 2 nites a week. Time for some 'payback'??

Hey Joe.....someday??? But, I get to 'talk' to him on the web!

John

John
Hey John

I travel to NJ often. I will let you know when I will be passing through again.

Electrician, Inspector, and Instructor people will agree that these experiences help us too keep an open mind so that someone can drop something into it once in a while!

Link Copied to Clipboard