ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#51659 05/06/05 09:37 AM
M
My wife and I will be moving to the Omaha, NE area. I have been working as a carpenter for the last few years but have found the electrical work I have done to be both challenging and enjoyable. So I am expanding my job search to include openings for entry level residential electricians.

Although I am relatively inexperienced, I hope my attitude and eagerness can help make up for my level of experience. I have great references from my previous employers. I show up on time every day so you wont have to wonder about me. I have a great attitude and sense of humor so I'm easy to work with.

I would like to find an employer who will appreciate good, dependable help. Someone who realizes that wiring skills can be taught while responsibility and desire to learn cannot.

Thanks,
Mark

[This message has been edited by markdikeman (edited 05-06-2005).]

#51660 05/08/05 08:45 PM
N
Welcome to Omaha
I am an electrical contractor in Omaha NE. Right now the residential building is going at a good clip. But almost all of that type of work is in the good ole boy network and is a very lowball market. The contractor's margins a quite small. With no experience you will propably not get any job offers above 8-9/hr.
Personally not bieng a good ole boy member, I have yet to get a bid that I could make any money on.
The commercial market here is very cutthroat right now.. Last 23 bids came in for less than my material and labor cost.
And I have had 9 Journeymen and or 2+ yr apprentices looking for work. Do not have any for them right now.
It's a tough place to be right now for electricial work.
Omaha is a fine place and I prefer it to many other places I have been but right now the going is tough.

ed
#51661 05/08/05 10:06 PM
M
nesparky-

Thanks for your honest input. I will keep an eye open, but will concentrate on carpentry jobs. Sorry to here things are so cut-throat for both you and your guys.

Thanks again,
Mark

Link Copied to Clipboard