ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 269 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#51352 04/28/05 03:24 PM
F
Hi everyone,
I’m trying to find out information about a light bulb. It’s called ozonelite. I went to the website, and am wondering if anyone has used them. My customer asked me about them and I didn’t know what they were talking about. Thanks for the help

#51353 04/28/05 05:19 PM
[Linked Image from altgarden.com]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
#51354 04/29/05 03:46 PM
Again, Mr Tedesco reaches into his bag-o-tricks, not only has he heard of it, he has a pic.

Joe, you never cease to amaze me!!

John

John
#51355 04/30/05 12:43 PM
S
It's an obvious quasi-plagiarism of OZIUM spray!

Incidentally, OZIUM is really good stuff but not too cheap. One can has lasted me several years in the bathroom.

Titanium Dioxide is usually used as a pigment, not a sanitizer. I'd be skeptical of this one unless it emanates lots of UVA or gamma rays!

No wire bias here- I'm standing on neutral ground.
#51356 04/30/05 01:17 PM
http://www.ozonelite.com/

John: I searched images on Google. I didn't know about this products until now. The link above gives more information.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
#51357 04/30/05 10:45 PM
N
It's an obvious quasi-plagiarism of OZIUM spray!

I noticed that, as well. I thought maybe the bulb was made by the same people, but apparently not. For those who have never seen this stuff, here's a can of Ozium:

[Linked Image from vitalitymedical.com]

I think the bulb sellers are begging to get sued with this one. I'll bet the bulb doesn't work nearly as well as the spray, either....

[This message has been edited by NJwirenut (edited 04-30-2005).]

#51358 05/01/05 11:09 AM
Short wave UV (UVC 254nm) has a pronounced bactericidal action. UVA (c.320nm) has a limited effect. I saw somewhere an article where endoscope/fiberoptic applied white light had a marked kill effect on the bug 'heliobacter' which causes gut ulcers. On the Net I came across a one-line reference to 'Super White Light' as an emerging bactericide technology, so who knows- does the 'Ozone-lite' work, or is it an advertiser's ploy to shift low energy bulbs at a premium price? Me? I open the windows for some good old-fashioned ventilation, it's cheaper.
Alan

Wood work but can't!
#51359 05/01/05 02:25 PM
S
Short wave UV (UVC 254nm) has a pronounced bactericidal action. UVA (c.320nm) has a limited effect.

I stand rather corrected, thank you. For some reason I thought UVA was a shorter wavelength...

This bulb is lost in the ozone.

If I need heavy-duty germ obliteration I'll mix up a mercuric chloride solution instead (only used it once!). Kills everything, including the applicator if one isn't careful!!!! Actually, there are plenty safer items around but there was a hantavirus danger so I used HgCl2.

Again, I'm very skeptical of this bulb but I am just expressing my opinions.

#51360 05/01/05 04:48 PM
Sir Arcsalot
No, let me apologise if my post gave the impression of any UV or light expertise, or any endorsement of that bulb. I just read that stuff on the Net! I think the bulb claims are misleading at least, given away by the pseudo-scientific 'snake-oil' ads. That fibreoptic-light thing on the ulcer was an intense source, everyone was in welding goggles! If the bulb kills anything at all it would be bugs on the surface of the tube, not a whole room-full. I'd be sparing with mercury compounds, as you say, (drives you crazy eventually- remember Alice's Mad-Hatter at the tea-party? Hatters used mercury to make top hats and derbys, which is where Lewis Carol got the idea!). A safer disinfectant would be common diluted household bleach on hard surfaces, but not sure if it'd knock out viruses. If there IS anything in the white-light stuff, is that why our forbears did 'spring cleaning' and put all the fabrics outside in the sun for a while each year? A lot of old wives' stuff is proving to be true.
Alan

Wood work but can't!
#51361 05/01/05 05:04 PM
S
No need to apologize at all, Alan. I'm actually very appreciative of your post. If anything, I should apologize if my post was misunderstood. I perceived your post as quite objective versus subjective which my post obviously is.

Perhaps my usage of "standing corrected" can be misinterpreted- I certainly do not intend to come across as caustic... Not on this truly excellent forum!!!

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard