ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#51176 04/27/05 08:22 PM
Jeff,
You are a true gentleman.

My late mother thought rock and roll would wear out the valves in her radio, or 'wireless' as she used to call it.

Alan

Wood work but can't!
#51177 04/27/05 08:54 PM
J
JFLS41 Offline OP
Just an update on the sweet old lady, well, she is calling me and spouting off about how the light is a piece of junk, what did it cost $5.00? Said to come get my light and refund her money, blah blah blah, then hangs up. I call her back and she Said I charged too much and she is going to have me prosecuted... Said I bumped her stove and it caused a gas leak, blah blah blah, then hangs up. So "gentleman" that I am, I drive over there and she is walking down the walkway just as I pull up. Says she is leaving now and that I need to refund her money... My intention was to have her show me the light and switch I installed and if she did have it taken out by the "electric people" in her words, I would have taken the light-refunded the money for that and left. I am regretting I ever took this call from this "Eccentric Old Lady". I was discussing it with my wife, who is wise to the ways of these older people and she said she is a lonely old woman, nothing better to do and will probably gripe about anything anyone does and I tried to do the right thing but she is making it hard by continually hanging up and walking away when I went over there.

If she calls back I am just going to let the answering machine get it.

#51178 04/27/05 11:50 PM
B
Plan B: If she does pursue some type of remedy (legal or civil), you might request that mediation be done, either through the senior center or some other entity that serves the senior citizens. It seems that distrust and fear are primary drivers in the reactions that I've seen. No one wants to be treated unfairly - you or her. She may never believe anyone under her own age if someone tries to tell her that you've done a decent and competent job.

#51179 04/28/05 10:45 AM
E
This lady has many of the symptoms of paranoid personality disorder (PPD), as well as borderline personality disorder (BPD). It appears from the information provided that you will be stuck hearing from her until she feels satisfied that she has made your life miserable, or she finds a new target. I bet the furnace guy was glad you took the heat off of him. People with either disorder listed above like/need drama in their lives to keep their minds off of worse things. They also usually develop OCD-type symptoms as well (aka unplugging everything). Just think of it this way, she will only live about 20 more years!

#51180 04/28/05 11:50 AM
J
JFLS41 Offline OP
I spoke with the wife of the furnace guy who installed a new system for her back in November. She said she was a pain in the a$$. It took awhile for them to get rid of her. Said she was a customer for years and all of a sudden she started bugging them. Seems she had a new fan motor installed in the old furnace and when they installed the new furnace they scrap everything. She had someone else install a motor in the old system and she wanted them to provide her with a new one or some money back. They ended up buying her a brand new motor and dropping it off on her porch.

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard