ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 211 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
I frequently work in places where it'd be a half hour drive to get anything to eat,so I take my lunch (or dinner as it's called here).

Sometimes its leftovers,mostly its ham and cheese,bologna,or some such.

We don't usually take any breaks during the day,and usually spend at least 45 mins with a sit-down lunch. Something VERY strange has to happen if I'm not eating at 12:01 pm.

Russell

Trumpy Offline OP
Thanks for your comments guys. [Linked Image]
Bob,
Many times I am eating while driving.
Join the club.
I start at 5am, so I have lunch at 10am, a bit wierd sounding, but I'm normally starving by then anyway.
It keeps me going until I finish at 2pm, then the fridge and cupboards get a hiding at home here. [Linked Image]
Just another question, how many of you guys have one of them cups with the lid on them that stops the coffee from spilling on you and it keeps it hot at the same time?.
I swear by mine, so much so that my truck won't be leaving the Depot, unless it's full!.

G
mostly my mistakes.

U
Recently switched to basic peanut-butter sandwiches... two pieces of fruit and some yogurt (portioned out from the large quart containers). Easy and cheap.

C
I've been eating out a lot lately in the past year. I've also gained 15 pounds too. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Peter

Peter
C
CRW Offline
We always get a 9:30 coffee break and a 12 noon lunch break. I bring a sandwich, yogurt, some fruit, peanuts, coffee--and eat them during those 2 breaks. Some guys go out for lunch if there's a place nearby. I'm too cheap and I get tired of McD's, BK, etc.

E
e57 Offline
Never skip lunch - Its the law! 2 - 10's (10 and 2) and a 1/2 hour at noon!

As for what I eat, most often the nearest sandwich shop. Or if on the road, I'm usually not far from the only CheeseSteak joint in town. (Well its not the only one, but one of few I'll go to. Being from the east coast (Boston area), I'm kind of particular about it. I'm not fond of gringo burritos "wraps", chinese ones either, I prefer my burritos to made in a mexican owned establishment.)

On the rare occasion I get sent out of the city (where it could be a 1/2 hour drive to lunch), I have a can of chili and a blow touch in the truck for emergencies. Put on some gloves, open can, apply heat and stir with the spoon that is kept in the file drawer.

I am also an sent to work with my daily dose of 64oz's of coffee. [Linked Image]

On very rare occasion, the wife will pack me something.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
R
2 minute noodles.

Most substations have ZIP water heaters, if I need my afternoon salt burst, I have some trident hot & spicy noodles. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
W
I don't usually eat but if I'm hungry I keep a few of those 2 minute noodle cups in the truck, along with bottled water and one of those quick water heater units.

Butch
S
It amazes me how many guys I work with dont stop for lunch! I've been giving some much needed nutritional advice to the journeyman I work with. He is a big dude, 6'3" and about 270lbs. Probly 40 lbs of it pot belly! He calls his wake up meal the John Wayne special. Its of those giant energy drinks along with a huge thermos of coffee. He downs that in the first two hours and then he's a speeding train until about 3:00 at which time he quickly looses all his energies and starts looking at the clock. He used to give me grief about the bag lunch that I brought every day untill he finally made the connection. Last week he said, ya know, maybe that bag lunch things not a bad idea. I think I'm going to tell the wife to start making it for me!.
I make my own, at least I know what's in it!.
I hear you there Trumpy! About 10 years ago I almost snapped a tooth off when I bit down on a chunk of bone in a MickyD burger... YUCK! That's when I said, NEVER again!!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard