ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
W
wa2ise Offline OP
Was in New York City today and took the #7 subway from the bus terminal at 41st street. Well, there's an underground hall between the terminal and the subway station, and near the ceiling I see a group of some sort of raceway gutter (4 of them) that usually has covers, but some were missing the covers. Within reach of taller people. Not kids though. Most of the wires I could see were around #12. Probably not a serious hazard as most adults know not to mess with such wiring. Lighting circuits, not the 3rd rail power. You get this sort of thing when there's not enough budget to maintain things....

E
e57 Offline
I recently heard that NYC subway wall tiles are now collectors items, maybe ther is a hidden market of gutter covers out there.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
M
You guys should take a look at all the wiring along the center divider of Rt. 495 right before the NYC bound side of the Lincoln Tunnel.

N
hopefully a couple of terrorists will take that same route as you did and reach out and touch something.(SUPRISE). Im always checking stuff out like that also. Its amazing what they overlook in between coffee breaks and contract negotiations. Good eyes.

Link Copied to Clipboard