ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
whats up guys? Im looking for some input on what you guys are charging for landscape lighting installs (including trenching). For some reason this one always is a tough one for me. The weather is getting nice around here (Long Island N.Y.) and were completing (2) huge houses that want to roll right into the exterior lighting. Any Advice will be appriciated. Thanks.

N
nov Offline
I try not to get the spade out for less than 350.00 thats with the HO suppling the lights

L
LK Offline
What's to know, the landscapers are getting $1,200 to install 10 light HD economy outdoor light kit, the yard man up the street puts in 6 to 8 a week, He calls them Custom lighting design installations.

D
New Jersey is half-way to heaven, Les.

Dave

L
LK Offline
Dave,

Jersey is not alone, you will find the same pricing in areas of MD, and Conn, and some higher, we were getting $900 plus for the 10 lights three years ago, and getting tips for most of the jobs.

D
I saw an installation locally by someone who installed "Vista Professional Outdoor Lighting". It was very attractive, and I'm sure he could name his price. Personally, I don't like playing in the dirt that much any more (or attics, or crawl spaces, or extension ladders).

Dave

L
LK Offline
It is easy to see why he posted having trouble, landscape lighting is a tough sell,
and there many points to consider, type of lighting, and price point, you cam get a spot for $10, and a good spot may cost as much as $100, the transformers vary in quality and price, the cable used, outdoor zip or UF, or conduit.

Will they get the property marked out, or just assume they are not digging that deep so they don't need a markout, well don't be supprised if you damage phone or cable lines, they are near the surface, and here in this state the fines for hitting one is up there, also a permit is required.

I have seen landscape lighting jobs as high as $20,000, it is a good field to work in, just take your time and plan each job with care.

E
I need to get into this type of work. We get request for it often, but turn it down or refer it to a lanscape light company. I personally hate digging and don't know much about outdoor lighting design. I now have enough guys working for me that I wouldn't have to dig, so I need to do is educate myself on the design so I can sell it. Anyone know a website to help.

Cat Servant
Harbor Freight is selling "solar" self-contained landscape lights (at $8 ea)...and you think there's a future for cable and transformers?

L
LK Offline
John,

Those solar lights, will never do the job of good landscape lighting, some of then do work for as long as a year, most give up after 3 months.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard