ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (ampherder, Scott35), 259 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I have owned many cars and motorcycles during my lifetime, and if I had the chance to do it all over again I would put these cars and cycles at the top of my list!

1958 Chevy Impala Convertible
1937 Plymouth (restored by me)
1929 Ford Tudor Sedan (restored by me)
1945 Harley Trike Restored by me
1959 Indian Arrow

I better stop now! [Linked Image]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
C
Funny you mention this. I was in a place called "Muscle Cars" the other day where they sell vintage cars with varying degrees of restoration and some original condition. I thought the Harley dealerships brought out my true compulsiveness, but that car shop was awesome. I grew up with the late '60s and '70s muscle cars everwhere, so it was a real throwback in time. My first car was a '70 Chevelle SS, used of course, for $1350. Sold it for $1450. and bought my first motorcycle. My toy now is a '03 HD Road King Classic.
Andy

G
No contest, 72 Superglide

Greg Fretwell
W
Well I wouldn't get a 72 Pinto again. Constantly in the shop, and it wasn't a muscle car by any stretch of the imagination. Heard that muscle cars require much care in the shop, but you have lots of fun driving it. But the Pinto wasn't much fun... But I've heard that some hot rodders like Pintos because Pintos have large and roomy engine compartments. They drop in a large hot rod engine in there. Just be careful of that gas tank if you get rear ended....

If it's a fantasy world, then a Lambroghini Countach (HaHa). Never rode a bike.....best car had to be the 1957 Chrysler Convertable; but alas, I have to say the best toy is the SeaRay 240 Sundeck.

Recently did the inspections at a new Ferrari/Maserati dealership...toy store #1, close by is the Mercedes dealer, Volvo about 14 months ago, BMW about 18 months.

My current wheels are a '04 Suburban....but I can still dream!

John

John
Cat Servant
That's OK, Joe...next time you're in Reno- to photo all the awful electric we have spoken of- I'll take you to the National Automobile Museum, and you can dream there!

Link Copied to Clipboard