OK folks, here are the results of my Wiggy tests. A Substation Electrician friend let me bum his for awhile this afternoon. His Wiggy in series with my Fluke 187 drew slightly over 24mA with the AC slightly over 124VAC. So we were almost 5 times over the trip requirement for a GFCI. I switched the Fluke to fast, min/max and went between Hot & Ground on a GFCI. The GFCI tripped with the Fluke showing almost 35mA or almost 7 times the spec'd threshold. So I went to the lab and grabbed a 20Kohm, 2 Watt resitor to stick in series with my test setup. I was surpised to see the setup drawing slightly over 5mA for as long as I was willing to hold the leads. I grabbed a 12K resistor and swapped it in place of the 20K and the GFCI tripped reliably, drawing slightly over 10mA. I don't know if there is some sort of acceptable mfg tolerance, but the receptacle I tested obviously doesn't meet a strict, 5mA requirement. So in short, don't trust your Wiggy to show that a GFCI meets spec. Thanks to everyone for inspiring me to want to check one.
Joe

[This message has been edited by JoeTestingEngr (edited 11-30-2005).]