ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#510 02/09/01 09:27 PM
S
sparky Offline OP
Bill;
Mike H has some good books, as my interest is in calculations, i purchased his software, it really speeds it up. I may invest in his calculations book, just to offset my Stallcup one

Has anyone seen a good calc book on short-circuit withstanding? , Or anything including this new 2002 "flash protection calc" ?

Scott, if the trades on it's way to techno-nerd city, i'm in.

Sparky

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 02-09-2001).]

#511 02/10/01 02:11 AM
Broom Pusher and
Sparky,

Check out the SPD manual from Bussman for the fault calcs data. I know that you will love this manual, as it has a ton of information in it.

Go to this URL
http://www.bussmann.com/tech/applications.html

and select the SPD manual [Bussman Electrical Protection Handbook].

If that link doesn't take you directly to the page with the SPD handbook, go to their homepage
http://www.bussman.com/

and from the side menu, select "Technical Services", then from the drop down box, select "Software Programs, Applications, Selection Assistants, Educational Data", which will take you to the page containing the handbook.

a few notes on the handbook:

First off, it is a large file, so be ready for a long download!.

Secondly, it contains over 100 pages, so it's best to save it to your hard drive in a temp folder that's easy to find, then view and print it off-line.

Lastly, It's a .pdf file, so you will need the Adobe Acrobat reader in order to view it. If you don't already have this, go to the Adobe web site and download the free reader.
Before you go to get the SPD handbook, configure the Acrobat reader so it does not open the file while you are on-line. Make it have the file saved to disk instead of opening it directly through the plug in.

Have fun!!

Bill,

Hope this information and links are OK with you. If not please let me know and I will not do again in future.

P.S. do you have anything in your bookstore that would cover the area which Sparky needs? [SCA calcs].
I would suggest to Sparky and anyone else, to get no less than two [2] books on this subject, or any tech subject. So do check out ECN's bookstore for any data on SCA calcs.

Scott "S.E.T."

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#512 02/10/01 03:38 AM
Scott,

No problem here. I've even talked to the Bussman people about including direct links to some of their resources on the site. I just haven't gotten around to doing it. I expect to be doing a lot of renovating in the weeks ahead. It's on my list.

As far as anything else goes, feel free to recommend anything you want here. This forum is really for you guys and to be any good it shouldn't have any restraints when it comes to something like that. There's only 2 rules I'd like to see observed here Keep it light (no flames) and keep it PG. I really want this to be a place where people can help each other and that is more important to me than anything else. Got It?

I myself, was even going to mention some of the books that were mentioned such as the American Electrician's Handbook (did you ever drop that on your foot?, whoa!) but somebody else beat me to it. There is a series of workbooks that I enjoyed going thru also I will get the info on them and post it here. Till then - carry on... [Linked Image]

Benfield Bending manual - did anyone mention that?

Bill

Bill
#513 02/10/01 08:50 AM
S
sparky Offline OP
That Bussman links a keeper! , thanks Scott, a very good step by step approach to the SCA calc's...

Bill; I wore a hole in my old Bendfield giude some years ago, when i used to carry it around a pipe job.

If i recall, he ( Benfield ) had quite a history....... [Linked Image]

#514 02/12/01 09:13 AM
S
one of my favorite books is by mike holt, understanding the national electrical code . to bad in only goes through half of the code book.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard