ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
GJ,
It's not so much the area, there are several successful EC's here... and growing.

My problem is capital...

I'm going to illustrate my problem in a thread in the business section and see if anyone can pinpoint the problem to anything besides "lack of working capital and lack of good business sense"...

I will use this week's invoices as examples.

Let's get to the bottom of this...

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
C
CRM Offline
Virgil, I sometimes think its better to work for somebody else, I make a good living working for an electrical contractor, let somebody else deal with all the stress of trying to run a business.

M
Hi,
There was a serial killer in washingtons state or someplace that was an electrician. They profiled him as an electrician because he used TY WRAPS to tie up his victims.

I guess he was a theif too, apparently stealing from the job!

I have met some CRAZY electrician wanna be's but none of the perverts are REAL electricians...IT TAKES BRAINS TO BE A REAL ELECTRICIAN!

greg

N
There was a high profile murder case on Long Island a while back where the killer was an electrician, as well.
http://www.courttv.com/trials/pelosi/121304_verdict_ctv.html

Apparently, he killed one of his rich customers so he could marry his wife or something....

C
Trumpy,
I saw a PBS special about the wiring of Manhatten's underground...I think Edison was the foreman (LOL)...people didn't quite understand that something they couldn't see, feel, or smell could kill them. After a few "unexplained" (due to electrocution) deaths, people started saying "There's a devil in the wire!"...I think ol' Charlie Daniels wasn't even a thought back then [Linked Image]

~~ CELTIC ~~
...-= NJ =-...
E
e57 Offline
Here I was thinking the urge to get in a tower with a rifle was from that stint in the Marines.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
S
What's to bet that those "crazy 'lectrishunz" were stripping the wires with their teeth? [Linked Image]

And the guy on Long Island was Danny Pelosi. He was convicted of killing Ted Ammon, the lady's husband.

[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 03-15-2005).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard