ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 439 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#49136 03/01/05 12:18 PM
G
You might try an MSA (or is it HSA).

Non-smokers with $10,000 deductable is dirt cheap.

#49137 03/01/05 01:01 PM
J
I have major medical individual insurance that covers me & my two babies. They won’t cover my wife. I pay $300-$400 per month, but I have a $2500 deduct. on each person. The whole system makes me sick and I have so many opinions on all parties involved I don’t know where to start.

You’ve got the doctors, malpractice insurance, HMO & PPO groups, patient insurers, billing companies, patients, litigation lawyers…….. I’m sure the list goes on. That is a lot of complication and expense that ALL gets paid for out of the consumer’s pocket.

I think the thing that gets me the most is that rather than fix it, we just keep spreading the cost across more shoulders, asking more parties to shore up and support this infection of greed (“affluenza” I’ve heard it put). I just keep waiting for it to hit a critical point and collapse so maybe it can get rebuilt better. We just keep getting stretched with every increase. How much until we say enough? We keep paying more for less coverage. And when the burden becomes too heavy for the company to carry, it gets spread to the company and the employee. Now that critical point gets put off until it is too burdensome for both parties, and I dread they will bring the government in to keep it and continue to bleed us. I don’t know, but something doesn’t feel very capitalist or free market about this. Demand will always far exceed supply in that the price will never drop because people are unwilling to pay, and therefore competition won’t bring the price back in check. Can you ask someone to put a price on their health? Can you ask someone to put a price on their life?

I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but I don’t underestimate the greed of the human heart to covertly work together, silently and unspoken with others toward a common goal….. the best interest of themselves. I just hate to see it happen with our society’s most precious commodity, human life and health.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard