ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#491 02/01/01 02:20 PM
D
doc Offline OP
We live in a town of 10,000 people and within 25 miles of metroplex ,stopped in at the local gas and grocery station to get gas .A woman maybe in middle 20's pulls up by the door of store gets out and leaves the car running ,the car is in partial site from inside .I walk by the car going in and here sets maybe a 5 year old and a 1 1/2 year old in car.When i got inside I told her that she was taking an awful chance of leqaving those kids in the car let alone leave it running,how quickly could I have taken car and all {no doors not locked the older one had the door open on driver side front }or at the least that child pull car into gear and it takes off.The woman never commented or looked at me,then when she went out the door she mumbled " why don't people mind their own business ". I started to call the local police but decided aganist it.THIS has always been one of my fears and with 4 boys never have they been left in a car by themselves .Any thoughts my was this my business

MAY THE SUN SHINE ON YOUR FACE IN THE MORNING AND YOU AWAKE WITH A SMILE
#492 02/01/01 04:21 PM
Tom Offline
Always let your conscience be your guide.

How would you feel if something happened & you has kept your mouth shut? If the answer is "pretty bad" then speak up.

I usually speak up when I see electrical work that is unsafe. Some people think I'm just trying to drum up a little work for myself, others appreciate the fact that I am trying to save them from property damage and/or injury.

You'll just have to keep in mind that some folks resent any intrusion into their lives by anyone, no matter how good their intentions.

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
#493 02/01/01 09:36 PM
Doc,

You did the right thing, don't let anyone tell you different. Some people just don't want to listen to anyone about anything.
[Linked Image]

I've been in a store when someone stole a womans' car when she stopped for coffee and let it run. (no Baby) She was totally surprised that it happened, and if I remember correctly, thought that it was somehow the stores' fault and was upset at the cashier for not being faster! [Linked Image] - (I like that purple guy!)

Bill

Bill
#494 02/02/01 07:55 PM
Broom Pusher and
Doc,

I would have done the same thing. In fact, I would have made so much noise about it that the store clerk probably would have asked me to leave! [Linked Image] [I like the purple "EEK" guy also, Bill!! He's one of the funniest].

Anyway, I have this thing about Children being in a possible harm position. It makes me a little crazy and somewhat vocal, instead of passive. My friends feel the same way. Most of them are very tough looking individuals, that appear "hard core" on the outside, but when an issue where Children get harmed in some way comes up, that's when you really see inside of them.

Guess that the lady didn't even realize just how fast someone with a horrible fetish, or just a screw loose, could have taken off with those kids. When I read your message, I teared up thinking about it.

Scott "S.E.T."

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#495 02/02/01 08:36 PM
S
I betcha if the cops were there she would have thought about it.....

#496 02/03/01 05:41 PM
S
Maybe you shoulda put one of those milk cartons in her face and said " kinda looks like your kid, don't it?"

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 02-03-2001).]

Link Copied to Clipboard