ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 506 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#48820 02/23/05 01:20 AM
N
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Any and all work atached to the proposed work by a unlicenced contractor will void all warranties.
>All warranties and laibility are proposed work only.
>This contractor assumes no Liability or Warranty for work other than proposed above.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I use simular language in my proposals but instead of unlicensed contractor the word used is others.
If they want the fly by nites to do the work let the fly by nite be legally responsible for the work.

ed
#48821 02/23/05 09:21 AM
C
This is simiar to situations I see alot. It seems that I have to turn down work at least once a week because either the HO or contractor does not want to go to the trouble or expense to get a permit and do it right. But it is not just in our business. One example(I know there are many) that comes to mind is the people on the street selling flowers for half the price a florist would. No business license no overhead and no taxes. This must be killing the legitimate florists. I realize these people are just trying to make a living and feed their families but what about the people who are trying to play by the rules. I hate to whine but this has been bothering for a long time. Of course, I don't do anything, like dropping a dime, but I feel that there should be more enforcement/penalties for illegitamate businesses.

#48822 02/23/05 11:06 AM
Personally, I solved the problem by simply not renewing any of my business licenses.

If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em...

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#48823 02/23/05 03:22 PM
C
Yeah Sparky I hear ya. Playing by the rules just doesn't seem to pay. There are times when I feel I would do better by cancelling my licenses. Just wouldn't be able to sleep at night though. It's sad that there are so many examples of businesses, sports figures, and celebraties that break the rules in our society, and usually get away with it. Seems to me the message is that to be successful in business you have to cut corners and "bend" the rules. Okay, I'll try to stop whining.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard