ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 270 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bill:

Is there a CD that is available for the new 2005 book put out by Delmar with the NJATC changes? I read inside where it mentions that there is one?

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
R
Joe: If you want my opinion, I wouldn't get the power point disc unless it is free. All it is is the pictures, no text.

Very disapointing.

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
Ryan:

Do you have that CD? I wanted the pictures because I could cite about 50 code violations, where did they come from?

BTW: The Image on the IAEI slides for the 110.12 new NECA FPN is very interesting, how many violations can you find?

Joe,

Where do you see a CD-ROM mentioned? I wasn't aware of any.

Bill

Bill
Joe,

I found it mentioned in the Preface. I don't have an answer. I'll check into it and let you know, I'll send you an email.

Bill

Bill
Thanks Bill, the book is put together well. What happened to the previous editor Mike Callahan?

R
Joe: I don't have the CD yet. The union hall promised me a copy because I do a lot of classes for them, so next time I stop by I will get my copy.

I'll have to take a look at the slide you mention. Thats a bad code reference to have violations in!!! [Linked Image]

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
Ryan:

Do you cover the entire Analysis? If so how mush time do you take and are there amendments at a local or state level covered. I have to cover the Mass Amendments and there are some new items that change the NEC, especially the deletion of 300.4(D)

R
Hi Joe. No, I don't cover the whole analysis. I use the analysis slides as wall as Mike Holt's, plus a lot of my own material. I try to cover as much as I can in an 8 hour class, but that typically means getting through chapter 4 or maybe chapter 5.

I'm lucky in that we don't have any amendments.

How have your classes gone? Are you doing 8 or 16 hours on the changes, etc.?

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
Ryan:

Most of the seminars I present in Massachusetts at to provide an update consisting of 15 hours that will include the major changes, and MA amendments with an additional 6 hours for 21 hours total and some classes will include 70E, Inspection Process, Grounding and Bonding and anything that is electrically related to the license holder.

I carry materials that can be modified as necessary with over 100 GB of files. I even go onto the net and post questions during my classes.

For open seminars the two day classes are offered to cover the Code and anything that is requested.

For example, some want to know about rules related to industrial maintenance and installations, and in other locations they want to discuss the code in general.

I always ask them at the beginning of the class to tell me why they came to the seminar and what they expect to learn.

I just finished a 15 hour class where over 250 MA Licensed electricians fulfilled their 15 hours.

I enjoy this work very much!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard