ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 263 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
RALEIGH, N.C. (Jan. 31, 2005) -- In an upcoming episode of 'FearFactor Couples,' contestants are reportedly required to stand near an electric power substation and receive minor, "nuisance" shocks. In reality, what Fear Factor describes as a nuisance shock could be extremely dangerous. The episode is scheduled to air tonight, Monday, Jan. 31, at 8 p.m. (EST).
see Utilities Send Message to Fear Factor: Electricity Is No Game for more info.

(Thanks to Joe Tedesco fotr the heads up)

Bill

T
Wow! surprised the producers got that idea past the lawyers.

This is NOT the first time they've done stunts in or around a substation. On a previous episode the contestants walked across a suspended beam on stilts in what looked like the rear area of the substation. The beam WAS NOT over any gear, but the cranes supporting said beam seemed a little close to substaion equipment.

The worst part to me anyway is when they did thier "walk-in" right through the middle of LIVE transformers and switchgear. If I were on the show, I'd have lost by refusing to walk through that gear with power on.

It appeared to be a local facility owned by a utility that handles liquid and electricity. [Linked Image] I do wonder how much money changed hands to permit filming in a dangerous facility....

One of the local POCO's aired a warning commercial during last night's episode. (Not the same one I refer to above.)

An incredibly stupid stunt in any event.

[This message has been edited by mxslick (edited 02-01-2005).]

Stupid should be painful.

Link Copied to Clipboard