ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 412 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
I ws alwas told not to drill the raters normal 2x10.

C
yeah i was told by my teacher that the staples were not listed and that he even takes the insulation off the staple and stacks 3 wires under one staple(he is the state of Connecticut Electrical inspector so i guess he can do anything he wants anyway)
also, i was thinking it wouldn't give enough clearance(1.5 inches) from the edge of 2x4 if run side by side also...but i guess i'll just do what he says.
so if GFI's are rated for the full load, then do I just take 20A and divide by 1.5 and arrive at total number of receptacles for a 20A circuit (including the GFI itself)?
also...is the code the same for a kitchen in an office as it is in a dwelling unit? I tried looking it up but couldn't find anythingspecific to kitchens in office buldings.

[This message has been edited by Clydesdale (edited 01-31-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Clydesdale (edited 01-31-2005).]

W
I don't understand why the 3M SI-1 stakits aren't used more in situations like mentioned. It allows 4 cables and is designed to maintain the 1 1/4" rule clearance.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard