ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Does anyone know of a illustrated book that tells the connections for using a portable generator as an emergency generator? I'm sorry to say that after all the discussions here on the forum and other forums, that I can't get it in my mind, the different connections and type disconnects that are required for the different applications [Linked Image] I've got some slack time, and I am trying to clear up some things that I might run across for future jobs. I guess it's a matter of not doing a lot of generators, thereby not getting use to the different requirements and applications, and the type of disconnects needed (those that switch neutral etc.) Since some generator grounds are bonded to the frame, and others not bonded, it's confusing to me of what to tell the homeowner when they have their own generator and want it hooked up for emergency power. I'm not trying to start another thread on generators, as I know many are tired of it resurfacing again and again. I think the best way I might be able to understand it is to see it and the different options illustrated on paper. Thanks again Steve...

P
Steve
For dwellings, you are most likely thinking of Optional Standby systems, not emergency systems.
Try searching the web for manufacturer's sites to get some of the info you are looking for.

Pierre

Pierre Belarge

Link Copied to Clipboard