ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
IT WAS THE NIGHT BEFORE INSPECTION

It was the night before inspection, and all over the place; electricians were working at a very fast pace; pulling in wire and making up joints, clearing the job; of any bad points!

By now, eight o'clock the next morning was nigh; and all the electricians breathed with a sigh; cause deep in their hearts, they all must have known; had anything been wrong, a fuse would have blown. At half past eight, the inspector was late, and the journeymen were all filled with anger and hate. When suddenly in the doorway, where all could see, stood not one inspector, but one, two and three! As they stood in the doorway, with their pencils and pads, it was easy to see they were already mad. Without a word, they started to list, all of the little items that we had missed. The first inspector, (boy he was a nice one), goes by the name of _____________.

He starts through the building, stretching and stooping. He calls it inspecting, I call it snooping. His stature is small and his eyes are good. He's always looking where nobody should. The second inspector must have studied the code from the day of his birth. Because every time that I build up my case, he throws a new paragraph right up in my face. So take my advice and don't try to conceal, the simplest item from __________________.

The third man, who makes up the team of three, is bigger by far than both you and me. This counted for the fact that when the punch list is read, you say (to yourself), go soak your fat head. The inspection is over and boy what a pip; I'm headed for the bar to take me a nip. When from the back room, one last word was offered, let's hang that guy, he's ________.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
R
Very nice, Joe!

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
THANKS, I forgot to give credit to IAEI, Author unknown....

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
J
Just like an inspector....shows up late, with no apologies! :-)

Try showing up 1/2 an hour late for them. Nobody will be there to apologize to.
See, their time is important, and yours isn't.
(exceptions made for/ apologies to the very few that don't operate that way)
I've never seen a team of 3.....ever, but are these the names to fill in the blanks?
Mike Tyson
Ally McBeal
Cindy Lauper?

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 01-22-2005).]

Link Copied to Clipboard