ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#47635 01/22/05 01:55 AM
S
I know the cold feeling they speak of. When you step out of the water stream the air is moving quite fast with the very hot air raising out fast. Cooler air from outside the stall makes up for it.

OK, that said, why are the out of the water stream? I can only think of one reason, someone else is in it. [Linked Image]
In my not so humble opinion, if you have company in the shower that should remove most of the cold you are feeling while out of the water stream.

Rich folks and their requests can be a PIA sometimes. Sometimes.

Like has been said, a typical H/L/F unit over the shower with GFI protection.

[This message has been edited by Speedy Petey (edited 01-22-2005).]

Speedy Petey

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
#47636 01/22/05 02:13 AM
C
The standard Nutone, Broan, Panasonic, etc. heaters are not listed for use over tub or shower enclosures even with GFCI protection.

Curt

Curt Swartz
#47637 01/22/05 12:03 PM
H
ToHo,
You might look into GMark Products. It is a little hard to find once you get there, but they make a stainless steel, silicone sealed radiant panel that can be used over the shower. A couple of years ago I spoke with their technical dept. about the same issue. I built a 5x5 shower on an exterior wall in a house without fan forced heat and it was cold. A word of warning: it was about $400. for the panel and t-stat. Good luck.

HLCbuild

#47638 01/22/05 08:22 PM
P
For dwelling units, I cannot see heat being added to the shower area [Linked Image]. If necessary, tell them about supplemental heat for the room in the form of a ceiling heat fan that can be located fairly close to the shower area, or a wall unit with a fan that blows in the direction of the shower.

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard