ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
P
pauluk Offline OP
Some of you in the S.C. area might have seen the stories surrounding Brother Stair and his Overcomer Ministry a couple of years ago.

Apart from any other wrong-doing at the farm complex on Hwy. 61 near Canadys, SC, it seems the wiring might not be too good either.

Newspaper clipping, 1
Newspaper clipping, 2

Ranging from open sewage to single electrical meters serving multiple buildings, former community members allege Stair's community is so antique that it appears to fail to meet health regulations.

"There are violations up there," said Michael Duval. "When they put in part of that place, it fell under the grandfather clause. Some of those houses that fell under the grandfather clause were replaced or added onto - now they don't fall under that. "There are septic systems that have been put under there with no permit. There's electrical work that's been done.

<snip>

Michael Duval says de did some research on the county's building laws. "I went to Colleton County to get a copy of the building requirements - just to check out," he said. "(One of the standards calls for) one electrical meter for one trailer. That's not the case up there. They have multiple trailers. It's like a drop cord city. They have multiple trailers on the same outlet."

See www.thenetteam.net for more info.

C
this guy sounds like a real bad fellow. shoot i live in saluda,s.c.our local news didn't even carry anything about this.

P
pauluk Offline OP
Maybe it only hit the news in the eastern side of the state? From the TV clips on the website it looks as though WCSC-TV Charleston carried a lot of reports on the story. I was in that area in 1993, but don't think I went by there on SC61.

I came across the Overcomer broadcasts on shortwave quite by chance a couple of years ago. I'd forgotten about it until somebody on another forum mentined it, so I did a search. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard