ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Scott35 Offline OP
Broom Pusher and
Discussion thread regarding Schematic drawing by ECN's Member "Nick", posted in the Technical Reference Area under the Topic heading:

AC Motor Control Schematic - Per ECN Member

Post your comments and/or questions here regarding Nick's drawing, for him to comment to.

Scott SET. 07/07/2001 07:17:00

edit= embedded hyperlink to schematic

[This message has been edited by Scott35 (edited 10-02-2001).]

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
B
Originally posted by Scott35:
Discussion thread regarding Schematic drawing by ECN's Member "Nick", posted in the Technical Reference Area under the Topic heading:

AC Motor Control Schematic - Per ECN Member

Post your comments and/or questions here regarding Nick's drawing, for him to comment to.

Scott SET. 07/07/2001 07:17:00

edit= embedded hyperlink to schematic

[This message has been edited by Scott35 (edited 10-02-2001).]

I believe this is a Star-Delta reduced voltage motor starter, I have always seen them with a UV relay in the seal in circuit, for added protecction.

N
Yes, that's exactly what it is. A closed transition wye-delta starter. Could you expand on the under voltage realy?
Nick

B
Originally posted by Nick:
Yes, that's exactly what it is. A closed transition wye-delta starter. Could you expand on the under voltage realy?
Nick

There are two general types of low-voltage devices, one of these provides low-voltage release, ie a power failure or a substantial voltage dip interrupts the power flow but does not prevent the reestabliahment of the main circuit when the voltage is restored.
The other is a true undervoltage relay an offers protecction and has to be reset after a power failure.
Timing circuits are often used in this type circuit to help prevent automatic restarting when it is not desired.

Link Copied to Clipboard