ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 272 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#45270 11/22/04 02:55 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
Guys,
I'm not looking to have a whinge at you that send pictures into ECN here.
But most of us guys that are Moderators have an Upload area.
If you do want pictures posted, that's cool, just send them to our email addresses.
But, if you are going to send pictures, please tell us who sent the thing, what the picture is about, in the vein of something we can use as an opening statement and a title for your thread.
Also as Bill will tell you, there is a maximum size of picture here.
I hate having to saw pictures down to size before posting them!.
But please, keep sending them in, it's nice to see your perspective on the world.

Cheers,
Mike :]

#45271 11/22/04 08:16 AM
E
Mike some of us [Linked Image] don't know how to resize pictures.

#45272 11/22/04 08:46 AM
S
I'm curious as to what size of photo maximum should we send...? I guess 20 MB TIFF files are out [Linked Image]

This has been a long-standing question in the back of my mind since I do have a few photos I'd like to send. Thanks.

No wire bias here- I'm standing on neutral ground.
#45273 11/22/04 08:59 AM
If you will send them to me, or send them to Bill, we will resize them.

It's really no great effort, I've got software that will do this in a blink of an eye.

The other Moderators have jobs of their own to do, and really shouldn't be taxed with my duties. Some of them are on Dial up connections, and the larger files take them a long time to download/upload. [Linked Image]

A .jpeg file is preferable to a 20Mb TIFF, but if that's what you've got, send it. I've got lots of e-mail storage, a broadband connection, and don't mind at all.

I've posted pictures that have been mailed to me via the Postal Service. Scanned them, and mailed them back via snail mail. If you want to go that route, email me for my "real world" address.

We now have NJWireman sharing my moderator duties, and as soon as he's totally up and running, that will be another place to send them.

But for now.......

electure@sbcglobal.net

or

Photos@Electrical-Contractor.net

It's my job...S

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 11-22-2004).]

#45274 11/22/04 05:14 PM
P
I'm one of the mods on dial-up so I'd rather not download 20MB worth of images, but I don't mind an odd large image or two.

For those using 800x600 resolution displays, limiting the image width to about 650 pixels will allow it to fit without having to scroll horizontally.

There are times when a larger image is really necessary to be able to see the detail fully. In such cases I will rescale the image down to 650 or so wide to include in the thread, and post a link to the larger version. That allows the overall picture to be seen easily without the forum software making the thread too wide, but still allows everyone to see the detailed version if they wish.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 11-22-2004).]

#45275 11/25/04 08:19 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
Yes Paul,
That's what I meant!. [Linked Image]
Sorry if anyone got the idea that I was having a whinge about receiving pictures in general, but I'm on a Dial-Up service as well, although I'd rather not be, that's just life. [Linked Image]
I do remember Bill saying to me some time back that 550 pixels wide, was a good size.
Just as a side note, what sort of Photo editing software are you guys using?. [Linked Image]
I've mucked around with a few of them free ones off the net, but I finally knuckled down and bought Photoshop last week.
Quite good to use and it saves getting all them annoying Registration e-mails everyday!. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard