ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 248 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#45076 11/18/04 11:53 PM
N
Does any out there know of any company that offers web based trainng programs. Online class's etc. I know BICSI does it for data/phone class's but i was looking for some in the electric catagory.

Thanks Kenny

#45077 11/19/04 12:38 AM
S
check out bluevolt.com they have some classes there.

#45078 11/19/04 12:57 AM
E
e57 Offline
You're on one kinda.... Not formally, but alot to learn and be learned here. But yeah, I know what you're saying. I wouldn't mind something like that too. I make handouts for my guys all the time from the NEC Handbook, or if I spot something I will point it out to them on the job.

Anyway www.electrician.com has a few therory and calculation things on-line, one might check there. And, as far as theory and book work goes, some colleges have full course work on it. But I might be a bit weary of what might come of it in a hands on world.

I met a guy at a party not too long ago, at a friends house who does tutoring, and develops training programs. This guy ran a company that SELLS what is reffered to as "Just in time learning" software, and courses. The idea behind it was that "you can even even break down brain surgury to simple steps if the basic skills are there". Then you put them in a palm pilot for the person doing the task to read along as they are doing it, and explain why they are doing it as you go along. I did not think much of the idea, but it sounded neat if it could work. As if you could take the time to lay out every code, or other type of obstical for our type of work blindly, and have some monkey do. As I am sure as H$%L not going to have some Doctor "Learn as you go" through surgery on me.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason

Link Copied to Clipboard