ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#44720 11/10/04 05:06 PM
S
e57 had a good idea about seperate forums. I was wondering if there is enough interest on the "Business" side of business. Seems there are several threads concerning this as we compare notes. I feel this is easily my "weakest link".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
I'll give you a vote. (But it's really up to Bill.)
Also a few years ago I drafted a letter by hand for my secretary to type up. She came back to my office with the typed letter and said "Kent, don't forget that there is a rat in separate." Ha! I have not forgotten.

S
Thanks Kent, I'll remember that!

D
I'll go along with that one if Bill is willing. An area with discussion on estimating, dealing with customers, generals, inspectors, and employees would be very helpful, as well as tips to make the work easier. The business chat room is good, but fewer can participate in a chat.

Dave

Steve,

Making new areas is not a problem, but I think having too many gets annoying to a lot of people. Too many to jump in and out of and more get hidden down the bottom if you don't scroll.

How many is too many??
What do you all think?

Bill

Bill
A
A business forum would be of intrest to me. How about a "not strangeling you customer" forum or "getting paid". They could also work in a Business forum.

Tom

K
I think a business only forum would be good. I have a hard time making it to the chats. I have alot of questions to ask and I am sure alot more information could be openly shared with a dedicated forum.

E
e57 Offline
Bill I disagree, Many things end up in the general area that are lets say out of context of say A Tel/Data, or bussiness forum, and often get lost there in the general forum. Not that I'm one to go around dictating etc. [Linked Image]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
J
Bill, I agree. Too many could get annoying. This is the only BB I go to because it is simple.

But then you ask a good question:
How many is too many?

I don't think you are close to too many yet. I personally couldn't put a number on it, but I'd know it when I saw it.

If a "business" forum were to appear I know I'd use it.

I don't know if internet speed makes a difference (because I'm cable modem) with the jumping in and out of forums.

One last thing about too many forums. It might make more of a difference to a new comer getting confused as to where to go. I browse here enough I won't get lost.

E
I like it just the way it is. I rarely look at the other sections and might miss something interesting if it were a seperate forum. Business topics will get more replies here than in another section.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard