ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 151 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
[Linked Image] Blackjack chewing gum!! I remember getting that and Clove gum! I always have to think about where I've remembered the smell of cloves when I cook with them. (To see the chewing gum look at http://www.groovycandies.com/NewCandyDetailFrFe.asp?CandyNumber=2299 ). I'm somewhere between Charlie & Trumpy, I think - 1962.

I've fished most of my life, too, although not as frequently as it sounds like you have, Trumpy. We mostly have rainbow trout around here and I used to hate eating it but the catching was always fun.

I'm torn between saying brook trout or halibut for best tasting catch. I caught an 11" brookie that was very tasty and my hubby, Ed, went to Alaska a while back and brought home halibut which we all have enjoyed.

One of my brothers is a fly-fisherman and used to enjoy it a lot. He knew he could no longer ignore his torn rotator cuff when casting would just about take him to his knees with pain. Definitely needed fixed!

My grandparents used to winter in Mexico and we had great fun visiting them in Juaymas and going deep-sea fishing. They'd come in from a day out and hand over the excess from their huge haul to a local orphanage.

Great memories! Thanks, Mike!

C
Hi Mike, I love to fish. Mostly fresh water Large Mouth Bass. I have a 17' bass boat I get out as much as possible. Very enjoyable, and gets me away from work. I either go out with my 12 year old daughter or 75 year old father in law. Just put the boat away for the winter.

Al

Trumpy Offline OP
WOW! Was I really off base, sorry
Well Charlie, if you don't start a law-suit, I won't!. [Linked Image]
I'm 32 and I have the twin trade thing (Line-man + Electrician) going for me.
But could we please keep this thread as it was meant to be, about Fishing. [Linked Image]

E
e57 Offline
Best thing about fishing is beer, and watching your friends get sea-sick.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
C
CRM Offline
Mike, in my area I like to fish for northern pike, perch , or trout. As far as tackle goes, for pike nothing beats a spinner bait, for perch or trout, a small jig with some sort of bait on the hook. In the summer after a hard day at work, nothing beats relaxing in the boat fishing.

Who, me??
I would rather fish than nearly anything on earth.
Matter of fact, Mike, I fish in the same pond as you do. Just on the other bank [Linked Image]
The water has always held a fascination for me; it's never the same 2 times. You see it now, and it will never be the same again. One of God's greatest wonders.

Salt Water:
Tuna, Yellowtail, White, Calico, Bay, or Sand Bass. Halibut, Rockfish, Crab, Lobster-ad infinitum
Fresh Water:
Trout, Catfish, Bass, Crappie.

If it lives in the water. I'll try to catch it, and I usually enjoy good success.
Flyfish for the trout sometimes.
(favorite reels are a pair of Penns, a 146 and a 505, that I've "hotrodded" with aircraft quality aluminum frame, sideplates, and upgraded ball bearings, made by a company called Accurate.)

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll want to quit working"

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 11-08-2004).]

Trumpy Offline OP
Scott (Electure),
Matter of fact, Mike, I fish in the same pond as you do. Just on the other bank
Mate I'm hearing you loud and clear there!> [Linked Image]
At the end of this week, I'm heading out from the coast of Timaru here to fish off of Waimate.
A good source of Deep Sea Blue Cod, a really good eating fish.
You can also get the odd Snapper, do you catch them up that far Scott?.
It's also a good part of the world for sharks.
I've dived in the same waters as Sharks and if you don't annoy them, they won't tear you to bits.
I still wear a chain-mail outer on my dive suit though. [Linked Image]
Sharks seem to like Cray-fish as much as what us Humans do.
Mmm Crunchy! [Linked Image]
But, who here can't fillet a fish?. [Linked Image]

Wild sea-bass, (not the fish-farmed crap, that tastes like blotting paper), is the best tasting fish to me. We used to beach-fish them at Chesil, using peeler crab. What a fighter that fish is in the surf! Out bait fishing in the Solent, fresh mackerel take some beating for taste and good sport too, fished with very light tackle, not hauled in on 50lb line and a string of feathers. We used to cook them in foil over the outboard exhaust pipe. 2 hours later on shore, that elusive taste has gone stale. On my favourite list too is sea-trout. I also like oysters, though not strictly speaking a fish. I had a couple of dozen from my old friend Georges this Xmas, big ones he gathered in Brittany. Roasted in the shell over the embers of a fire till they open, absolutement impec!

Alan

PS. Only one of them worked!

Wood work but can't!
Trumpy Offline OP
Alan,
I was up in the Three Kings Islands back in 1991, I got hold of a rather large Marlin.
But, you don't catch them fish to bring them on board, just tag them and then send them away.
I did get a LOT of Yellow Fin Tuna though!. [Linked Image]

G
Go fishing sometimes on the burn for wild Rainbow Trout after a thunderstorm when the burn will be in spate. Just got my shotgun license too.

BTW Trumpy, I was born in 1970. You do come across as mature and well grounded in your posts.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard