ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
I'm only waiting for the full-wireless Internet-television-phone system. I have to buy a TV, but I guess I'll wait until the technology will be set up. I guess it will be ready in some months.
You have a simple plug you plug into the electricity, and all comes thru the elec. cable and forwarded by wifi.

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
P
It was no wonder then when I found whole houses prewired with RG-58.
I've seen RG58 used on TV as well, but conversely I've also come across RG59 on 50-ohm radio equipment! "Impedance mismatch? What does that mean?" [Linked Image]

Multi-room VCR/satellite/terrestrial digital feeds are becoming more common here, and in many cases I've had to try to sort out the mess of poor signals which are the result of people using any old cable they lay their hands on in combination with low-quality splitters and pre-amps daisy-chained like fairy lights. [Linked Image]

My choice of cables depends very much upon the individual installation, what is needed right now, and what the customer may want to add in the future.

N
I use RG59 on 50-ohm radio systems, but just as a matching transformer :-)

When I wired my house, I pulled 3 runs of cat5 to each plate except the wall phones - ethernet, phone, and spare - and I have already used the spare in 3 places for a second ether and for temperature monitoring. The price difference between cat3 and cat5 is low enough; running cat5 gives me more expansion options.

As for catv, I cringe whenever someone uses something without a foil shield. Too much noise leaking out makes it tough to hear the 145.25 repeater. I even saw one guy use speaker wire to extend his catv - and he had an Extra license :-(

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard