ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
E
I was trying to locate a 100 amp FPE stab-loc breaker to make a sub panel with if the H.O. won't go for a change out. I was looking at Federal Pioneer as a substitute so I went ot their web site. I found that Schnieder A/K/A Square D makes Federal Pioneer. I thought they only made the replacement breakers, but found out they still make the stab-loc panels. Why???

Anyway, do any of you have a 100 Amp FPE breaker they would sell, I mght need it. Thanks.

C
I have several that are used. I don't think you will find a new one except a Federal Pioneer. I will send you pictures of the 2 styles I have if you are interested. I'll send one to you for freight cost.

You do realixe that these breakers take 4 spaces? I just want to make sure in case you only have 2 empty spaces.

Curt

Curt Swartz
N
Eagle,
I have a 100 amp stablock breaker in like new condition. Verticle mount at top of panel. In fact, I have the whole panel with all the breakers in excellent condition. If interested, email me at "ron@starrelectric.com"

N
I have a stab-lok 2 pole 100A breaker here. Looks to be new, but I can't be sure. $15 plus shipping takes it. Email me if interested.

E
Hey guys, thanks for the offers. I hope I dont't end up needing it. I think they're going to let us change the service out instead.

Federal Pioneer panels are made to be used in countries other than the U.S.

How do you like those "decorator colors"?

???Are they still acceptable in Canada???

T
twh Offline
???Are they still acceptable in Canada???
As common as grass, at least in western Canada. Stablock and bolt-in.

C
Same in Midwestern Ontario, 2/3s or more breaker panels I see are FPE, either classic or Schnieder (new to me is stablock panels with SQ-D main breakers). Don't get new clours though. About 10 years ago I understood it.
Blue 15, red 20 green 30, grey I think 40, the same for plug and automotive blade fuses. I think they are different now.

Link Copied to Clipboard