Speedy Pete, we agree. That guy's not in business any more. Had some disgruntled labor issues (suprise?).

When we did custom home new construction with 3-4 man crews we would rough a 3000-5000 ft2 house in 3-5 days. that meant pulled too. Sometimes a little longer if there were a lot of cans or 2 story ceiling work or just something a little funky. If we weren't being rushed off to the next house, ideally we would stay for maybe 7 days and get the wire 100% with pullchains on in the basment, panel breakered and labeled, AC disconnects done leaving only devices, appliacne, final hook-ups and fixtures (luminares). Then we could trim it 1 long day or use less guys for a 2 day trim. If there is one thing I have learned the hard way it is to always get the job as far along as practical while you are there and everything you have figured out is still fresh. Nothing worse than to spend all the mental time & energy figuring stuff out, doing half of it, and then returning and thinking it all through again to either remember your original idea or come up with a new plan that will work with what you got. Lots of wasted time.

CRW, "rough" in a general sense in the area means ready for drywall, so it could be either. I think most guys would rather pull wire on the rough, I know I would. It's easier to pull when you can see where it goes and when you have the lay-out fresh in your mind. But sometimes if the basement isn't done, we might just pull what we can. But I should be saying all this in past tense because I haven't done a new house in almost 2 years.

Some places used to require wire on the rough for inspections. Others would fail you if they saw it. And still others didn't require either way, but if you didn't have wire pulled on the rough you would have to have a seperate wire inspection before devices.