ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#43203 10/11/04 11:05 PM
M
Hope your son gets to feeling better real soon....hang in there!

You have a lot of friends around here..

Best Wishes..

Mustang

#43204 10/12/04 04:50 PM
S
Bren, unfortunately we live in a fallen world where bad things happen to good people. No matter how hard we try, it is too much for us to understand. Life is not fair. I believe we are given loads to carry to help show others how, or not how, to carry them. We have a serious health problem with our baby daughter. I can get mad, cry, and scream at the world, but it won't make a bit of difference. It is not until we turn it completely over to Christ that we feel the burden lightened. And somehow in your "knower", you know all be alright. May God continue to bless you and your family Bren. Cody is a very fortunate young man to have such a caring/loving family. Each day is a gift.

Steve McKinney

#43205 10/13/04 07:21 AM
M
Bren, Sorry to hear about Cody's condition, but God's word tells Us that " The steps of a righteous Man are ordered by the Lord "
It may take some time before this situation will make any sence to Your' family, but I'm confident there will be people's lives touched through Your familys trial, that may never have known this Peace that passes all understanding !!!
Our Prayers are with You...

#43206 10/15/04 07:32 PM
Bren,

I haven't posted much lately, but upon seeing your post of Oct. 6, I was moved to reply. I don't know how I would feel if I were in your shoes, but I want you to know that I am concerned about your life, and the life of your son. I'll be thinking about you.

God Speed,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
#43207 10/17/04 10:19 PM
B
Thanks again, all. We're doing pretty well. My kiddos and hubby are all getting to be hand-washing fanatics along with my existing habit.

My son began to lose hair in a serious way today. He's been testing by tugging on it a little each day but today he finished with a handful of blonde hair. I think he & hubby are going to get the clippers out and shorten both of their styles quite a bit so it's not as much of a shock when Cody's is all gone.

Thanks again for all the prayers & good thoughts - it really does help us to be encouraged.

#43208 10/22/04 10:00 PM
L
Bren,

I admire your positive attitude, that is exactly what is needed from Cody, during times like this. my mother had breast cancer when i was in high school so i understand the task ahead. your faith will be tested but, dont ever lose it. we will pray for Cody's speedy recovery and wish you and your family the best of luck.

#43209 10/23/04 08:35 AM
... I'm sorry Bren,I only saw this thread this morning or I would've posted earlier.

... I will ask Christ Our Savior to help you and Cody to become strong both physically and mentally,as well as Spiritually,in order to overcome this illness.I will Pray for the best for you both.Keep us posted,Bren, You both will make it through this,.. You are his Rock,Bren,and it seems like you're doing a great job so far.. God Bless!!
Regards Home,
Russ

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
#43210 10/23/04 01:35 PM
M
Bren-
Been away awhile too, may the Good Lord's blessing continue to give your heart strength and to help your son to heal.

I know it might sound strange, but take some time for yourself too, and make sure your other children know how special they are as well.

Dave

#43211 10/23/04 05:22 PM
H
Bren,

Consider him part of my prayers too. Lets all hope and pray for the best.

#43212 10/24/04 01:06 AM
B
Thanks again, guys, I appreciate the uplifting notes!

Dave, good point about my other kiddos! In fact, the twins birthday was this past Thursday and Cody and I had to head for the hospital for a spinal tap. We got home early enough to buy a cake, wrap some presents and cook a birthday dinner for them. Today me and the girls had a 'girls only' outing and had fun shopping while my hubby & Cody hung around the house. We bought each of them a fleece cap since they have short, short hair.

Cody's hair started coming out and we got the clippers out and shortened it up so it would be less of a mess. My dh, Ed, and my dad let me give them each a buzz-cut in support of Cody.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard