ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#43183 10/07/04 05:10 PM
C
hi bren, hope all goes well with cody. i had a brother -n- law that had leukemia last year. this was his second time. my wife(his sister) donated bone marrow for him.now he's fine. been over a year.just rember with GOD all things are possible!tell him to kick them bad white cells butt!we'll be thinking about ya! ERWIN :-)

#43184 10/07/04 05:42 PM
A
Bren, you and your family stay strong our thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless you all.
Alan

#43185 10/07/04 07:20 PM
R
Bren: I am not religous so I don't pray, but I do wish you all the luck in the world. I hope that all goes well for you and the family.

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
#43186 10/07/04 08:44 PM
J
I pray for the good Lord be with your family

#43187 10/07/04 08:49 PM
D
God be with you through these difficult times, Bren. We wish you the best and will keep you in our prayers.

Dave

#43188 10/08/04 10:34 PM
B
To give an update, Cody is now on day 5 of his 108 week chemotherapy protocol. He was released from the Pediatric Oncology floor at the nearby (sorta - - 100 miles from home) University Hospital. We were a little surprised at how quickly they released him and I guess we weren't the only ones because one of the residents and one of the nurses said that Cody must be breaking the speed record on getting released after two days of chemo. We are delighted to be home in spite of the fact that it pushed our cleaning and organizing into mega-overdrive in order to protect him before his system becomes unable to fight off any germs or viruses. It was very encouraging to have the out-briefing nurse tell us to be watchful of both kids and adults worrying that Cody might die. She said that they are not thinking that's likely but if it were they certainly would be talking about it and that they fully anticipate curing him.

He's doing incredibly well in every aspect - physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. In fact, once he got his 'silly' back after a couple of arduous days and the ill-effects of the chemo, I knew he was bouncing back fast. He kept calling me "Fluffy" and I thought, "Uh, ... ok, whatever" until he called me the 'full' name of Mrs. FluffyBottom which stemmed from a very early game we played when he was about 4 and was known as Mr. ... can't tell you since that's his 'secret' nickname and I'm not telling it.

Anyway, he's home and loves being in his own bed and taking credit for cleaning the disaster area known as his bedroom. Perhaps it was ME that was in a two-day delerium because I distinctly remember him being at the hospital while me, my sister and her mother-in-law cleaned like madwomen to get it ready.

We are very, very blessed to have such a great support system, both near and far. We'll continue to cherish your good thoughts and prayers and hope that your kindness and strength will be rewarded magnificently.

#43189 10/08/04 10:40 PM
S
Bren, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I have a little sister that had stage 3+ Breast cancer. That was 5 yrs ago and just got the news today that she is still cancer free and her counts are normal. I know the pain and worry.

#43190 10/08/04 11:16 PM
S
Bren, My prayers and thoughts are with you. I love children very much. I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren. I know what a dad's love is.
God bless and keep you all... Steve [Linked Image]

#43191 10/08/04 11:47 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you & yours, Brenda.

#43192 10/09/04 07:50 AM
Bren, I have hesitated to answer because of thinking about my wife in the process since she has terminal ovarian cancer (I suspect that this is her last Christmas season).

Many large strides have been made in fighting cancer and the young are more resilient. With our prayers and God's help, I trust Cody will have a long and bright future. In the meantime, you will be going through a lot of pain and stress. Turn that over to God and lean heavily on Him for strength so the both of you will have it to give to Cody (trust me, it works [Linked Image] ).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Charlie Eldridge, Indianapolis, Utility Power Guy

Charlie Eldridge, Indianapolis Utility Power Guy
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard