ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 138 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#42415 12/05/04 07:32 PM
E
e57 Offline
The average rate of wages, that is, the rate of wages to be

determined, to the extent feasible, by adding the wage paid to workers

similarly employed in the area of intended employment and dividing the

total by the number of such workers.
Now if prevailing wage were an average wage, would they not have to ask about ALL wages in the area, not just the selected wages of a select group. That comes down to whos asking whoever. So if "who" wanted to make profit of a percentage above a wage, would he not go out if his way to make "whoevers" wage he is asking about seem higher. And only select the highest "whoevers" to ask. If he asked the lowest wage "whoever" his profit would be lower. Right? Thats hardly a level playing field, its market manipulation.

Prevailing wage in SF is $49, the (true) average electrician makes about $30+. Being an above (true) average guy it matters to me little. But being below the (artificial) average means nothing about the quality of my work. It means I get 40 hours a week, medical and retirement, and not laid off half the time. So I figure I make more....

And, all of the other conditions that are outside of prevailing wage, that determine weather or not a company can hold a goverment contract get really wierd. Like being a minority woman born under a certain phase of the moon and happen to be a former convict from a particular prison system between certain years, and appointed figurehead of a company you know little about, you have a better chance at getting a government contract???!!!?? And pay a skewed scale of prevailing wage by maniplulating the value of benifits. OK contracts yours??!!! Its a really big game.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
#42416 12/05/04 08:34 PM
N
I think at this point we have just about covered what needs to be on this topic.

We also should always keep in mind we have both union and nonunion members on this site. Therefor in my eyes we need not be comparing the two. YOu get paid what you get paid thats just how it goes. Damand what your worth!!!!!! Or move on

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard