ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 271 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
What are your three favorite tools?

Mine include, my 9 inch lineman pliers, my six-inch Klein's screwdriver, and my "Wiggy"

[Linked Image]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Tom Offline
Milwaukee "Hole Hawg" drill, just can't beat it for putting a hole in a stud in 3 seconds.

Check Point brand torpedo level, rare earth magnets keeps it from falling off the conduit & it has a 30 degree bubble for doing those no brainer offsets.

Klein ratcheting cable cutters, takes the work out of cutting large size cable.

Tom

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
R
I like the long screwdrivers too. [Linked Image] The 602-6 and the 603-7 to be exact.

It's pretty hard to nail it down to three, but if I had to, I'd say my Kleins, my "Knopp" brand wiggy, and my Klein #11045 yellow handle strippers. Strippers you ask? Well, Klein started manufacturing them with larger plastic handles. I thought what a foolish idea, because they would be harder to put in my pouches. So, I bought all the original small handle 11045's I could find, which wasn't many by the way. I've probably got two or three brand new in the blister pack. I'll never use the big handle ones. I'll switch to Ideal first.

Whew! I'm long winded!

N
nov Offline
tom I love that check point level also
that thing has some dam strong magnets on it

B
My Milwaukee bandsaw, nothing cuts through pipe faster. I love to use this when roughing.
I would agree with the hole hawg and of course my Kleins(lineman pliers).

Jesus may have been a capenter,but God was an electrician.Genesis1:3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Klein offset #2 philips screw driver. Long handle Klein stripper. Little Fluke 73 meter. Not that it's "right" or "wrong" but I had a journeyman years ago who gave me a new Fluke meter and told me to learn how to use it. He took my wiggy and threw it away.

R
In defense of the wiggy, I never use the wiggy to measure voltage. I simply use it to feel for the buzz. Small buzz = 120 Big buzz = 240. If I'm only changing devices (receps or switches), I'll use my Fluke lighty up thingie. If I want to measure actual voltage, I take out my Fluke 87 or T5-600. The Knopp brand wiggy is small and fits in my bags nicely, unlike either of my Fluke products.

I
For me nothing beats a wiggy type tester for line voltage troubleshooting. I have plenty of 'fancy' meters but they are to sensitive to phantom voltage.

I also am very fond of my Fluke T-5 1000 volt, amp, ohm meter.

Other than that I would say the key to the truck when it is time to go home. [Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
E
e57 Offline
Knipex linemans, 1/3 less wieght to carry, but still keep the kliens in the truck. And, and Witte insulated flat, and phillips. Other than a fluke volt tick, the only things I carry on me. These are my fav's for the simple reason of wieght / performance. Klien makes some real nice (American made) tools and prefer them for most items, but those three items wiegh twice as much as the German stuff of equal or exceptional quality. (About the same price too.) Everything else is the tool box. I have some real favorites in there too, but too many to list.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
S
My absolute favourite tool is the Klein bottle opener.
www.kleintools.com cat.# 98002BT in the Tool catalog.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard